Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP NEEDED PLEASE - New boots, 32's out, burton ambush or northwave calibers in:?

So I have finally given in and decided to get rid of my 32 lashed size US 11's (UK10) that I used with burton cartels size medium.

It'll probably come as a surprise that I managed to cram them into these bindings and I've now come to a conclusion that they are just too dam big.
I'm normally a size 10-10.5 but had to go large on the 32's and they are pretty chunky anyway.

Looking to scale down to a smaller profile boot and need some advice.
I am an intermediate, mainly freeride boarder on a NS SL 2012 for the most part.

As this is the only store near me I am limited to these boots:
Snowboard Boots

What do you guys think of the burton ambush vs the Northwave calibre/freedom?

Any help would be much appreciated and i'm open to any of the boots on that site above

The ambush have the benefit of low profile/'shrinkage technology'

thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If anyones interested I went for the Northwave Calibers in a 9.5

I am still pretty unsure about this purchase though as with a flex rating of 4/5 it may become too soft very soon.
Any advice?
I am gunna wear them around the house and return in the next few days if I change my mind,

edit: I may change these for the Northwave decades, however with a flex score of 8/10, these may be far too stiff for myself to handle as a relative beginner, ANYONE... lend a noobie a hand

1 - 3 of 3 Posts