Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Hi Woodhouse,

I am all for experimentation but what you are experiencing above is entirely consistent with your measurements. You are Mondopoint 290 which is size 11 US in snowboard boots. Each mondopoint size has a very small range of on 5 mm. Go smaller than that range and you should expect pain and numbness in a new boot.

STOKED!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hi Woodhouse,

I am all for experimentation but what you are experiencing above is entirely consistent with your measurements. You are Mondopoint 290 which is size 11 US in snowboard boots. Each mondopoint size has a very small range of on 5 mm. Go smaller than that range and you should expect pain and numbness in a new boot.

STOKED!
Thanks for the response, I will stick with size 11 from here on out.

How do the pics in my previous post look, consistent with how a foot should look on a correct mondo size insole/liner?

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts

How do the pics in my previous post look, consistent with how a foot should look on a correct mondo size insole/liner?

Yes, that looks fine. I usually use the insole as a reference for riders who are just starting the process. Very often new riders are understandably hesitant to go to their correct Mondo size and are riding boots that are far too large. Showing them their foot on the insert is typically helpful with this. You are in the much rarer group who is going too small. Riders that make that choice already know that they are in for some discomfort. The thought is that the process will produce a set of boots that will remain ultra snug after break in. Sometimes that works :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you liked the Maysis so much, did you try the Thraxxis? It has a harder back on it which should stop the wear issue you experienced.

Also, you could try wearing 2 different sized boots to accommodate each foot. Not optimal, but if that's what works...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I tried the Vans Implant pro, they were a nice boot, but really need to go balls to the wall on tightening the laces to get the desired stiffness im looking for

Tried the Vans Verse another nice boot, but the heel is too bulky for my burton medium bindings

It would be great if the Vans aura pro were stiffer, I feel it would be perfect

One thing about the vans boots is there insoles seem to be fantastic

For now I have settled on the salomon dialogue boa, seem to fit the bill the best out of everything I tried

I did mess around and put the Vans v2 popcush foot bed in it from the aura pro and it felt amazing, that insoles is about 3x beefier than the crappy flat salomon ortholite insole that comes with the dialogues
So if anyone is putting aftermarket insoles in there Vans boot, send your stock ones my way!!

The only boot left on my radar to try is the Ride Fuse

·
Registered
141 Posts
I feel your pain, literally! So today was my first day on new boots following @Wiredsport directions and suggestion for boots. I am having the same killer big toe pain in both feet and serious ankle pain in my left foot. I hoping it's just the brake in process as well.

A bit of my boot history. Way back was using some size 12 burton lace ups that were killing my toes. Then I was riding size 14 burton imperials and was getting a lot of heel lift and the ankle pain as now. Then size 13 k2 mays is after that Switched to size 13 burton photons, lastly per wiredsports suggestion size 12 photon wide.

For me the k2 maysis was the most comfortable boot I had and really loved it. I also had issues with the back heal area. Mine actually became little holes from wear.

I was gonna post my own tread to see if I can get some guidance as well but I just read all of this one and I guess seems like I have to wait for the boots to give a bit before I start experimenting.

But I know where your coming from. I was the first one off the mountain today, which is never the case. Hopefully we can both sort our boot issues out

·
The Swiss Miss
7,023 Posts
Just in case you didn't do this already: Clip your toe nails. Probably won't solve the issue, but make it less prominent.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just in case you didn't do this already: Clip your toe nails. Probably won't solve the issue, but make it less prominent.
Ill definitely cut them next time out to be sure. Though they look fine. My ankle is still in pain and swollen 15 hours later still.. I wonder if I should post photos of my feet for you guys to confirm the sizing?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Actually the heels were fine. Didn't feel any heel lift at all. It was just pressure points on the ankles.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts