Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been riding an old Burton Hail Boot 2007 and it's almost dead. I need a new boot! I'm an all-mountain park rider and looking for a budget option... I don't know much about boots, so I'm kinda lost here..

The ones I've found in a good price range (in UK):

32 Prion - U$ 140
32 Prospect JP Walker - U$ 150
32 Summit - U$ 100
32 Exus - U$ 120

Forum Antenna - U$ 155
Forum Destroyer - U$155

Ride Anthem - U$ 150

Rome Charge - U$ 150

Some of them have BOA lacing, others that fast pull system and some are traditional lacing. The fast lacing systems are that good? I'm afraid of breaking it during a ride and lose my day or even the trip...

I'm also confused about some "boots specs" like liner and footbed levels. What does it means? higher is better? it's about flex? what is that? I can't find precise information about it anywhere!!

Thanks for all!

Oh, and merry christmas for all!!!

Cheers,
Pedro.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the Ride Anthem BOA's and I really like them. The biggest thing, is to go TRY THEM ON. If you have a local store, you give them a price range, and then they will bring a few models out, and you choose the best. Well at least, that is what my local shop did for me.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you can, try on as many of those as possible as they will all fit different even if they say they are the same size. I like the speedlaces, others find traditional laces give more custom fit. I'd stay away from single BOA as you can adjust the top and bottom separate.

As for the numbers, in footbeds it is the level of foam padding. Usually from 1-3 with 3 being the thickest. Flex numbers usually go from 1-10 and like the footbed numbers the feel varies from company to company. As in in a 4 in stiffness from Burton could feel like company Bs 2 or Cs 7 etc...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah.. I know that the "try before you buy" rule is pretty welcome when you're buying a boot... The problem is that I live in Brazil, and I was planning to order it over the internet and ask it to be delivered on UK, where I'll stay some days before going to my next ski trip on Europe. So it's quite hard to try before I buy in this situation.

What I can do is wait and buy it on the resort, but I'll not have so many choices and will probably pay at least 50% more on the boots. It's really needed?

You mean that BOA can't ajust bottom and top separately, right? The only thing that I'm afraid about those system is what will happen if it breaks during a trip.. I'm sure I can easily buy a new cord, but can I fix a BOA or any other speed lacing system anywhere easily??

About the footbed and liner level = higher is always better? I mean, more cushioning?

Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I personally love the speed lacing system. Some BOA boots only have one knob to tighten the entire boots (top and bottom) which gives it a bad fit IMO. Others have two knobs that tighten both the top (around leg) and bottom (around foot) which is a much better option. With laces, i personally just see it as a pain especially in very cold climates where its hard to really pull those laces tight when your hands are freezing cold (i like my boots really tight); it also takes more time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the DC rogans were the best fitting and feeling cheap boot i tried on this year. as a plus(for me) they have standard laces. the only issue i have with them is the cheap feeling outter material and the tops are tight against my calves but i have that issue with every boot cause my calves are as thick as ny neck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts