Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to bash my XV, but I’m thinking of an upgrade. I love the versatility of this deck. But what I don’t like is the magtek. After riding a stiff full camber deck, I’ve decided to use it as my ice carving machine. So now I’m looking for a new board to replace. Something hybrid camber big nose directional taper yada yada yada.

Something to charge mixed terrain including trees on piste.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Check the K2 Simple pleasures, I have 6 boards but that board gets most of the action, it's like the orca if it was camber dominant and cool ?

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
So I mean almost none of these recommendations are freeride boards...

Look into the Weston 10th, Ride Berzerker, K2 Manifest, Rome Blur, Yes PYL, Nidecker Ultralight (mega? Idk whichever is the expensive one), Arbor Annex, Niche Maelstrom, Capita Kazu.

Most those are camber with some rocker tips. For rocker between the feet look at the Niche Story, Lib Goldmember, Lib Lost Round Nose, Snofisk Deeps

·
Registered
614 Posts
Big determining factor also is going to be where are you riding it. What could be great for free riding in some areas would be a nightmare in others.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I guess I was thrown off by your wanting to take it to the glades. Arent freeride boards usually on the longer side? Per Jones sizing anyway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts