Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been lurking this forum for about a year, and finally signed up. I just started boarding last season, and picked up a lot of tips reading through posts here. So far, I have an impressive 6 days on a snowboard, all at Wolf Creek in CO. :yahoo:
It's been a blast so far, I'm to the point where I can tackle all blues pretty confidently, but I still have a long way to go. I don't have my own setup yet, since I spend all my money to go to snowboarding, if that makes any sense :laugh:

Anyhow, great knowledgeable forum here, and thanks for putting up with noobs like me. :)

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Welcome neighbor, (from Neb lol) now is the time to start watching for sales on gear. Also watch ebay like a hawk for good used gear ;) If nothing else get some gear in the off season. In Sept. I got new (to me anyway) outwear, 2 jackets, 2 pants, and impact shorts(new), top n bottom base layers for about 200 bucks off ebay. All name brand stuff, Burton, Ride, Oakley, Volcom ect. for less then what a jacket cost's. It takes a bit of work and patience, but hell I snagged my Volcom pants (retail 200+) for 17 dollars, looked like they had been wore once or twice :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!
I've been looking for gear, what I need most right now is a good helmet since the RED Trace II that I picked up makes my ears THROB after a couple hours. I'm going to try some on and see how they feel when I'm back in CO for spring break.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Yeah that's a good idea, 2 things you should own first are your own helmet and boots. (besides warm comfy outwear of course)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts