Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the sport and the forums! I grew up in the Caribbean so didn't really experience winter sports. A few winters ago I took my first boarding trip and was hooked from the start!

Currently live in Manhattan so planning on some trips around here but want to go out West at least twice this season.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'm new to the sport and the forums! I grew up in the Caribbean so didn't really experience winter sports. A few winters ago I took my first boarding trip and was hooked from the start!

Currently live in Manhattan so planning on some trips around here but want to go out West at least twice this season.

Best thoughts you've had your entire life :thumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best thoughts you've had your entire life :thumbsup:
Haha! I'm new but have been out West and up in North Carolina to board. So I could see the difference. Not sure what to expect up in the Northeast but I am not complaining as long as I'm boarding.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed that for you ;)

where about west did you hit?
My first trip was to Jackson Hole and I also did a trip out to Utah - Snowbird, Brighton, and Solitude. I didn't feel worthy of hitting those since I was just learning but it was awesome!

Hopefully it isn't too icy here in the Northeast.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
367 Posts

I go to school in manhattan! welcome fellow new yorker!

·
Registered
13 Posts
An islander who's into winter sports! Do you get the "what the hell is wrong with you?!" comments too? My family is from PR and I get that all the time. Apparently I'm supposed to love the sun? :dunno:

I'm from Queens so I can't help you with shops in the city. I mostly order online anyway lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An islander who's into winter sports! Do you get the "what the hell is wrong with you?!" comments too? My family is from PR and I get that all the time. Apparently I'm supposed to love the sun? :dunno:

I'm from Queens so I can't help you with shops in the city. I mostly order online anyway lol
I was born in PR (mom's side is from there) but grew up in Dominican Republic. I'm a white islander though so people are always surprised to hear me speak Spanish since I look American.

I also love the sun but hitting the snow is such an awesome feeling!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a white islander though so people are always surprised to hear me speak Spanish since I look American.
That happens to my mother all the time. The opposite happens to me. People talk to me in Spanish and I'm just like "Sorry dude..."

I'd take a snowy mountain over a hot beach any day

1 - 12 of 12 Posts