Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you guys think? Cheaper binding than the one from Burton, few boots available...
Wonder if you can use the boots with conventional bindings.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
So the cleats are recessed into the boot, so when you walk you're just walking on the tread. This means you can use them with a regular binding.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I received an email from K2 yesterday announcing the new Clicker X HB, details here: K2 Clicker

Funny thing is K2 claims "This Boot is Only Compatible with 2020-2021 Clicker™ X HB Binding " but as BA pointed out the cleats are recessed into the boot, so why wouldn't they work with other bindings?

Being a Michigan rider a quick way to step into or click into bindings always gets my attention.

·
Registered
345 Posts
They mean the boots only work with the newer clicker bindings, not the older clicker bindings. Compatibility with traditional strap bindings is separate

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They mean the boots only work with the newer clicker bindings, not the older clicker bindings. Compatibility with traditional strap bindings is separate
That is something that Burton Step On boots doesn't offer which is a good option from K2.
It's interesting to see another company offering a similar product to Burton and giving more options to riders.
Agree that step on ain't for everyone, I did try the one from Burton, would I buy step on, maybe, it wasn't too bad. But still, conventional bindings still offer the most choice there is out there for all purpose and style of riding and for every budget.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd try it at a demo, but I'm skeptical. Looks like it lacks many mechanical redundancies, and would be a pain with snow build up and icing.

From a riding perspective, maybe? Looks like you'd theoretically maintain the lateral roll that you lose with the Step Ons (and they're advertising it with "NATUROLL™").

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
They look sweet, except for the 3 degree cant. That's excessive.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
I've been saying they need to get rid of the canting in their bindings, it's overkill. Their argument "why everyone needs it".
Ah yes, everyone and our identical body proportions and injury history. At least take a leaf out of Romes book and provide flat and canted footbeds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts