Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the community. I used ride a lot in high school and stopped after that. I bought new gear in 2014 hoping to get back, went once and then it sat in my sister basement until this year. I went 5 times near the end of the season. Now I feel lost on the weekends because my mountain is closed. I am from BC Canada. Just glad to be back into to it, anxiously waiting for next season now that I have a seasons pass!! Few things I need to buy like a helmet. Back in high school I remember ppl would point & laugh if they wore a helmet on the mountain. This year I felt like a dumbass because it seemed like everyone had one on expect me. Crazy how times change but definitely in a good way. Oh ya anyone have exercises that I can do at home to keep me in snowboard shape? Cheers Shredders!!

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Just joined the community. I used ride a lot in high school and stopped after that. I bought new gear in 2014 hoping to get back, went once and then it sat in my sister basement until this year. I went 5 times near the end of the season. Now I feel lost on the weekends because my mountain is closed. I am from BC Canada. Just glad to be back into to it, anxiously waiting for next season now that I have a seasons pass!! Few things I need to buy like a helmet. Back in high school I remember ppl would point & laugh if they wore a helmet on the mountain. This year I felt like a dumbass because it seemed like everyone had one on expect me. Crazy how times change but definitely in a good way. Oh ya anyone have exercises that I can do at home to keep me in snowboard shape? Cheers Shredders!!
Where in BC?

TT

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Strength, balance, and flexibility are all important for snowboarding.

Core, legs, and Yoga is what I mostly do, along with cardio, HIIT, upper body, and plenty of stretching.

My equipment for training at home are: Yoga mat, kettle bells, dumbbells, pull up bar, resistance bands, a good pair of running shoes, foam rollers, massage gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts