Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get another trip in before the season is over and the only friend I can get to go with me just wants to drive over to New Mexico from DFW. I've only ever been to Breck the last four years so this is completely foreign territory for me.

What are the best NM spots for snowboarding in your opinions? Basically, I'm just trying to avoid anywhere that it's hard to avoid mogul minefields or anywhere with a bunch of flat traverses.

I see a lot about Taos being awesome, but it's mostly skiers' reviews that I can find. Would this still be a good option if you're a snowboarder who despises moguls?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haven't been to Taos myself but I heard good things (from boarders). A couple of options for you... Santa Fe and Wolf Creek. Wolf Creek is about a 12 hr drive from DFW and when it dumps, it is GREAT! You'll love it if you've only been to Breck, imagine no lift lines, no people, and half the cost ;) You're welcome! :grin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Both Taos and Wolf Creek have long flat/traverse sections, fine for skiers, not so much for boarders. These can be avoided, to some extent if you know where to go.

I live in Santa Fe and have been up the mountain well over 30 times this year. Not the biggest, somewhat limited runs, but the snow has been great, crowds minimal, fun area. Bonus is Santa Fe is a great town to hang in when off the mountain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts