Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
That was sick! I loved it. Good riding, good filming, good editing...I especially loved the one footed tricks and the 5050 unstrapped

·
Registered
16 Posts
What editing software do you use? I have been hesitant to buy something since I don't know much about it.
Final Cut Pro is what it says in the description on Vimeo.

I agree w/ getting a tripod - it'll reduce camera shake and make tracking a lot smoother.
One other idea is when you're framing jumps (like at around 1:02-1:10 ish), try to keep the a bit of the lead in/at least the bottom of the jump in frame, if you know how high they'll be going. As it is you had the middle of the jump at the bottom of the frame and a lot of empty space at the top that the rider didn't hit.

Just a thought. Good video :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow thanks for the great feedback! and i'm saving up for a tripod and a glidecam. I think the glidecam would be an awesome look for follow cams

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow thanks for the great feedback! and i'm saving up for a tripod and a glidecam. I think the glidecam would be an awesome look for follow cams
If I'm right in assuming Glidecam = Steadicam, check this out:
$14 Camera Stabilizer
There are a lot of DIY tutorials online on making your own Steadicam for under $25 from hardware store parts.

I do photography, not videography, so I can't really help with specifics, but I know at least one person off the top of my head who has made one of these easily. And don't steadicams cost like $500?? Worth a shot at least haha.

As far as tripods go; I'm still working on getting a nice Bogen or Manfrotto or something along those lines. In the meantime though, I picked up a cheapo $20 one off craigslist.
There's no way I'd leave my camera on it and walk away, but as far as stabilizing in low light & using as a monopod - definitely worth it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I'm right in assuming Glidecam = Steadicam, check this out:
$14 Camera Stabilizer
There are a lot of DIY tutorials online on making your own Steadicam for under $25 from hardware store parts.

I do photography, not videography, so I can't really help with specifics, but I know at least one person off the top of my head who has made one of these easily. And don't steadicams cost like $500?? Worth a shot at least haha.

As far as tripods go; I'm still working on getting a nice Bogen or Manfrotto or something along those lines. In the meantime though, I picked up a cheapo $20 one off craigslist.
There's no way I'd leave my camera on it and walk away, but as far as stabilizing in low light & using as a monopod - definitely worth it.
Wow i'll have to try building one of those steadicams, like you said it's worth a shot! and yeah i have a cheapo tripod but it really sucks i need one with a fluid head on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts