Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a little advice. Ive been skateboarding for 10 years, but Ive been getting into snowboarding the past 2 years just ridin on a buddies 150 artifact, but im looking to go hard this season. Im 5'4 130 lbs and Im lookin for advice on board size and what kind. I think i should go with a 147 or 148. I love riding park; jibs, rails, boxes, and occasionally kickers. Ive been looking at all the brands and models and im still undecided. Any advice all around?

Thanks

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Yeah a 150 is a little big for someone with your weight. Something in the mid 140's would be better.

Honestly the board isn't critical to learning. Get good fitting boots, and then see if you can pick up a used mid-range board around a 145-146 or so (a couple cm isn't going to kill you either way).

Especially if you're going to be riding a lot of park, you'll chew through boards like mad. Better to start on something used so you don't cry when it gets it's first ding! :giggle: I only say that because it's happened to all of us...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty advanced after riding the 2 years. i dinged my buddies artifact up quite a bit, im not worried about that. Im passed the basics, I just need recommendations on what size/brand/model I should use. like I said skateing 10+ years really makes snowboarding easier.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Take a read through the other threads here, there are a million guys with the same question as you, and we're going to spit out the same answer! As far as size goes I'd aim for 145-146 or so, but that depends on the board too.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
We need a sticky for new riders/people looking to make their first purchase.

I always want to help, but get tires typing the same thing over and over.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I kind of messed the title of this thread up. Im not necessarily a new rider. Im just looking for personal opinions or recommendations of any kind to help me on this seasons big purchase. I preferably ride boxes and rails
Alright Ive looked at:

Forum Contract
Capita indoor/horrorscope
Bataleon decks
Neversummer Evo
Dc Ply
Salomonder
Rome Shiv

I do enjoy the feel of this artifact, but i think i would like something with rocker because im most comfortable on a skateboard

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Echelon Killbox 144, Nitro Pyro, Signal Park 150, Burton Parkitect 150, Flow Verve 149, Salomon Salomonder 148, Capita Thunderstick 148, or aYes Trouble.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Honesty, Rome makes a rocker version of the Artifact as well. It's called (wouldn't you know) an Artifact Rocker :) One of the most flexible, playful rocker park boards out there. My brother had one and just loved it. Now that it's beat pretty good he just upgraded to an Arbor Draft which is another quality flexible rocker board great for park. I ride a K2 Parkstar which is mostly flat (between the bindings) but the ends are rockered a bit before you get to the nose/tail. In my experience, flat boards lock onto rails a better than rockered boards. These are three boards I can comment on from experience and I recommend all three but there are a bunch of other boards that fit your bill as well. A lot of people already mentioned them above me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts