Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been snowboarding a couple times and decided if I want to keep with it, it's time to get my own gear and stop paying to rent. I live in Raleigh NC and went to a local alpine ski center to try on boots and look at some boards and ended up purchasing some ride antham boots. They had some boards on clearance from last season the the associate recommended to me. The first one is a 2013 Burton superhero 157 and the other was a Burton blunt 161 and i was planning on getting the Burton Mission bindings to go with the board. I'm about 6'2" around 190lbs and my boots are size 11. I wanted to get a few opinions from some members here on whether either of these would be a good all mountain board for a relatively new rider or if there was any other boards I should look into.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I have been snowboarding a couple times and decided if I want to keep with it, it's time to get my own gear and stop paying to rent. I live in Raleigh NC and went to a local alpine ski center to try on boots and look at some boards and ended up purchasing some ride antham boots. They had some boards on clearance from last season the the associate recommended to me. The first one is a 2013 Burton superhero 157 and the other was a Burton blunt 161 and i was planning on getting the Burton Mission bindings to go with the board. I'm about 6'2" around 190lbs and my boots are size 11. I wanted to get a few opinions from some members here on whether either of these would be a good all mountain board for a relatively new rider or if there was any other boards I should look into.
Those are fine choices and 157-161 would be pretty much your size range.

Only 2 details matter when you are new:

1. comfy boots

2. relatively close on size range

Details that don't matter:

stiffness ratings, bindings, camber, rocker, hybrid, eco-beans, sintered, extruded

there are a ton of recent threads about super great affordable all mountain decks, search Nivek's last 20 posts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are fine choices and 157-161 would be pretty much your size range.

Only 2 details matter when you are new:

1. comfy boots

2. relatively close on size range

Details that don't matter:

stiffness ratings, bindings, camber, rocker, hybrid, eco-beans, sintered, extruded

there are a ton of recent threads about super great affordable all mountain decks, search Nivek's last 20 posts.
Thanks for the response. After a little more research I think I'm going to go with the K2 raygun. I'm just not sure which size to go with. I was going to get the 159 but then i noticed the waist was only 25.1cm Will that be to small for a size 11 boot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts