Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: game is now out! Get it at: http://www.georiot.co/pure

Hi riders,

This forum has been a great source of ideas and improvements for our educational snowboard app 'Snowboard Trick List' over the last few years. It has come a long way.

Given its success and also our transition into an app making company, we thought it would be cool to bring out a game on a mobile platform.

Some features:
1) Easy to pick up and play (nothing too complex here)
2) Air tricks and rails, requires timing jumps and dexterity but nothing crazy complex
3) Multiplayer (trick score and racing).
4) Loosely associated with the uStomp and Snowboard Trick List brand.

Some feedback I am after:
A) Would you be interested in this?
B) What do you think of this for a first draft logo (remember it has to be a tiny app logo) Indefatigable Media House

C) Can you think of a cool name? (one stipulation, it should contain 'Snowboarding' or 'Snowboard' in the name.

Thanks all - we are super excited to hear your thoughts.

Sam

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

Finally, the only app which captures the true essence of snowboarding is out for you to play.

We added Billy Morgan alongside Kevin Backstrom to the rider roster for the first version and have been getting great feedback.

Check the app out at: www.georiot.co/pure

Thanks for all the feedback via PM's.

Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

We are adding some new levels, features and more to the game currently given that it had a really successful launch.

We are still interested in your feedback and the kind of things that you would like to see in the game.

Had a couple of PM's but it would be nice to get a good discussion going here!

Happy riding all, thanks
Sam

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
... not available for andriod :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback that you are interested in an Android version of the app. We released an android version of our original snowboard app (Snowboard Trick List) and plan to do the same for this game.

Does anyone who has tried the app on iOS have any feedback or features they would love to see added? :yahoo:

Happy riding all, hope you are enjoying the 2014 season start.

Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all,

So, right now competition is heating up, but the camera ($500 worth) is still easily winnable!

The top score is only 50k or so (check our FB page, or iON's for the breakdown)!

We know you guys can top that and grab yourself a free iON Air Pro 3, so get to it!

Happy riding all and good luck

Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
210 Posts
1080 was rad. still my top 3 fav 64 game along with mariokart and goldeneye

back on topic though, when is an android version likely to be released? i play games on my phone while i transit to my local slope. a snowboarding one would be fun

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry but this game is terrible
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. It would be great if you could expand on why you don't like the game? (the feedback has been very good so far, but negative feedback is always useful to help us improve the game in future releases):)

Good luck in the iON camera competition!
Sam

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow i was expecting a 1080 snowboarding on N64 kinda feel.
The side view was the 1st surprise, there are a few 3d view snowboard games out there, granted non of them are very good but this is just another side view racer/crosser/rat on a skateboard/whatever game.
The crouching to gain speed reminded me of Tiny Wings (that game is very good)
I could not figure out intuitively what the 4 buttons on the left did, the first level was crouching & jumping. When the level was done so was my patience.

Enjoy the 89cents.

Again: smart phones now are fast enough to run N64/PS2 games i think (they just released Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas for iOS. I'd suggest making something like 1080 snowboarding from the N64 for iOS's 64bit (iPad Air and iPhone 5S)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow i was expecting a 1080 snowboarding on N64 kinda feel.
The side view was the 1st surprise, there are a few 3d view snowboard games out there, granted non of them are very good but this is just another side view racer/crosser/rat on a skateboard/whatever game.
The crouching to gain speed reminded me of Tiny Wings (that game is very good)
I could not figure out intuitively what the 4 buttons on the left did, the first level was crouching & jumping. When the level was done so was my patience.

Enjoy the 89cents.

Again: smart phones now are fast enough to run N64/PS2 games i think (they just released Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas for iOS. I'd suggest making something like 1080 snowboarding from the N64 for iOS's 64bit (iPad Air and iPhone 5S)
Some nice feedback there - thankyou for taking the time to share it with us.

We decided against a 3D game because they are very difficult to make well (1080 is honestly the best example we could think of, or maybe snowboard kids both on N64). They always seem to lose the style of snowboarding.

We tried to make an easy game to play, with real snowboard tricks and style, but in an arcade format. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to appeal to your tastes. I'll update the images on the front page to make it clearer what this game is all about!

Hopefully you give it time to have another try - the P U R E buttons are used to perform tricks (each does a simple trick on its own) and by also pressing 'TRICK' at the same time, you do a more complex, high scoring trick!

Cheers
Sam

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I couldn't do any tricks after the first
hill. the jump button doesn't really work. you can't ever gain enough speed to really do much. the 4 buttons to the left didn't work most
of the time either. all in all a not very good game sorry

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I couldn't do any tricks after the first
hill. the jump button doesn't really work. you can't ever gain enough speed to really do much. the 4 buttons to the left didn't work most
of the time either. all in all a not very good game sorry
Hi,

Interesting - Can I recommend that you press the below button ONLY when going downhill (never when uphill)!

Following the above step will ensure that you get adequate height to perform a wide variety of awesome tricks. Pressing 'JUMP' at the top of each hill will ensure you get even more height, but again, just following the above step will ensure you get enough height.

I hope this helps you - there are 4 pages of instructions within the app to explain this further.

Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got some improvements for you, take what u can use.
First thing is no sound or music when u start the game. I remember checking if I muted my 5s. This felt strange.
Second, just before the 1st level started there are 2 pages filled with instructions. I can read fast, but didn't get any of it before the lvl started. Maybe I tapped the instructions away, I dunno.

Third, now I want to play 1080 snowboarding again haha :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Third, now I want to play 1080 snowboarding again haha :D
Haha, yes. That game is awesome to be fair. An absolute classic.

However, right now, it is the Sochi Winter Olympics - so you should get involved using Pure Snowboarding -> One of the riders in the game is competing tomorrow in mens slopestyle! (Billy Morgan) - hopefully he kicks ass!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts