Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i'm a really athletic guy, about 6'2.5" 175 lbs. I have ridden about 11 days the past two years, 6 coming this year. I am looking to buy my own board to ride because my aunt/parents just bought a new cabin quite close to Snow Summit, Big bear and will be up there quite often. I was looking at boards on craigslist and other stuff. I want to get into park and i already love riding down black diamonds and such. I was wondering your opinion, maybe you guys could recommend some boards for me. I am trying to pick up some large Burton mission binding for $60 from a friend that are in good condition. Also, if you know of any good bindings, suggest them to me. I am trying to stay on a budget and not spend too much. I also wear an 11.5/12. I just saw this board http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/spo/3645933719.html Thank you for any help. Also, if you guys see any good sales, please tell me about them.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
A 162 is a bit big for your size, you're probably better off on something in the mid-high 150s. Custom is a great all around board though, I use one for park/playing.

I'd search for something newer with better bindings though. On quick glance they looked like cobrasharks which are a lower end binding. Not bad but there's better out there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ha, I remember riding a 162, and I'm only 110 pounds! Lucky it didn't buck me off! But yeah, especially for a park board, 162 is pushing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts