Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in MN, so more groomed run carving and playing on side hits. I will take 2 out-state trips with hopefully some tree riding. Looking for so insight one board to look at. I have a Stepchild Chamberlain now. When taking on some of the faster hills it just doesn't bite the way I want in a carve. I also ride a Palmer X Carbon and that bites hard into a carve! I have a blast on that board. Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Let’s see that Palmer!
So what are you looking for? Something to add to the quiver or something to replace your Palmer with?

My Sims fills the role of my Palmer since I rarely ride it anymore. It turns out alot has changed since the day of Palmers. Where max camber and stiffness were key for edge hold back when, I find my Sims with significantly less camber rips almost as hard while being more forgiving, versatile and "playful". Playful compared to a Palmer lol. It does not donkey punch you for errors like a Palmer would and almost rides like a modern adaptation...which makes sense.

Alot people seem to like Amplid and Korua for hard charging carvers, but if you're a Palmer guy something tells me you want something a little more OG.

Attached is my Crown between my Sims and broken Sims.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let’s see that Palmer!
Is
Let’s see that Palmer!
So what are you looking for? Something to add to the quiver or something to replace your Palmer with?

My Sims fills the role of my Palmer since I rarely ride it anymore. It turns out alot has changed since the day of Palmers. Where max camber and stiffness were key for edge hold back when, I find my Sims with significantly less camber rips almost as hard while being more forgiving, versatile and "playful". Playful compared to a Palmer lol. It does not donkey punch you for errors like a Palmer would and almost rides like a modern adaptation...which makes sense.

Alot people seem to like Amplid and Korua for hard charging carvers, but if you're a Palmer guy something tells me you want something a little more OG.

Attached is my Crown between my Sims and broken Sims.

I am looking for something that I can carve hard but is more forgiving than the Palmer. Would love to go new and try out some of the new tech in boards. Dude, the donkey punch analogy is spot on with the palmer! It is so hard to describe the feeling when the board says no! haha

Any insight on a new board? I have always been a fan of nitros also. Been reading on the Squash and Banker.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I can tell you what I’d be looking at if I were in the market for a carving/charging board.

Sims TS Pro (discontinued so you’d have to look at the Academy Masters)
Nitro Banker
Korua Cafe Racer
Telos ...I forgot what it’s called but it looks like it’s got a mini swallow in the nose and the tail.
Nitro Pantera

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I have a buddy who would only ride T6's and older Custom X's that picked up a Nitro Suprateam last year and loves it. He's probably the most aggressive rider I know, and "carving and side hits" are pretty much his bread and butter.

If it were me I'd be on my Rome Blur. They've changed the model up to the Speed Freak but there are still Blurs from past years available. That's the board I have the most fun carving with, and it's "new tech" with springy carbon rods, fusion camber, and not completely stiff flex.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Maybe the Korua Trannyfinder or a Nidecker concept or Area.
I personally wasn’t blown away by the Nitro Banker but I’m sure it would be great for what you’re wanting.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have a buddy who would only ride T6's and older Custom X's that picked up a Nitro Suprateam last year and loves it. He's probably the most aggressive rider I know, and "carving and side hits" are pretty much his bread and butter.

If it were me I'd be on my Rome Blur. They've changed the model up to the Speed Freak but there are still Blurs from past years available. That's the board I have the most fun carving with, and it's "new tech" with springy carbon rods, fusion camber, and not completely stiff flex.
The Suprateam! Man, if its just a beefed up version of the Team, that could be a great suggestion. I like the feel of the Team. It grips way out on the tips and springs in and out of turns since its just good ol' camber, and a pretty decent amount of it too. Very versatile side cut as well, although the Suprateam may be different. However if you're looking for euro carves and you've got a big boot you may need to look at the wide, the regular has a small waist. I have no problems with my size 8 boots on a 159. Of my quiver my Team is the best on ice, which is funny since theres pretty much zero edge tech on it.

If the Suprateam specs differ significantly from the Team ignore everything I've said.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The suprateam, mountain and pantera are all kinda similar, tighter turns and less forgiving than the team, and a little stiffer. All good at highspeed turns, but the team grips less with the tail at the end of turns. In some cases the team is still better at steep and icy.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I’ve been considering buying the Suprateam for the past 2 years and I’ll probably end up getting one to test anyway. Check this camber bow 😮

I’ve just ordered the Pantera, I hope the camber bow is the same.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have the team 159 and pantera 163. Team is definitely the one to have if you only have one. Pantera fits better in a quiver. Can throw burton custom into the all mountain camber mix

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so I have a Nitro Banker on the way. I figured I can go play with the Step Child and when I really wanna giver Ill get the banker out. Now I need to find a good binding for the Banker.
I really want to try the Suprateam it seems like the board to have!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.