Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I have snowboarded in the past but have decided this year to give it a serious try. I'm signing up for lessons and getting a season* pass at a local hill.

My question is, what kind of set-up/board would a 5'6" female, 140-150lbs should I be looking for? I'm likely going to buy a used set-up and need some direction. I figured this would be better then renting. I'll probably buy new boots however. I am in Ontario Canada for the record. In the Greater Toronto area.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
What does a reason pass let you do? I've never heard of them before...
There's one in every crowd.
Usually it's me though.:giggle:

To samiam, if you are in the GTA, I recommend that you go to the Toronto Snow Show this month.
All the ski/snowboard retailers are there from the area and are clearing out last year's unsold inventory. If you are going to get new boots anyway (which you should) it's a great way to try different brands and get a good price on them.
You could probably get a brand new board/binding setup at a good price as well.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
884 Posts
buy new boots, go to a store, get ones that fit. Try all that they have in your price range. That is the most important thing for me, if my feet hurt its hard to have fun. look for a board 145-150, try to find one with ROCKER/reverse camber- much easier when you are first starting.

Get boots first, then take them with you to get bindings to make sure they fit.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I agree this is only my second yr. but the only thing I bought new was boots. They HAVE to fit YOUR feet. I got some k2 the black for $65 bucks at sports authority new return at the end of the season.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hey stickz your username makes it sound like you're a skier... just sayin
I made this name when I was still a "farmer", and just the other day I thought the same thing. Who do I contact to change my name? As it doesn't really suit me anymore.

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
I made this name when I was still a "farmer", and just the other day I thought the same thing. Who do I contact to change my name? As it doesn't really suit me anymore.
Just send me a PM with the new name you want.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
There's one in every crowd.
Usually it's me though.:giggle:

To samiam, if you are in the GTA, I recommend that you go to the Toronto Snow Show this month.
All the ski/snowboard retailers are there from the area and are clearing out last year's unsold inventory. If you are going to get new boots anyway (which you should) it's a great way to try different brands and get a good price on them.
You could probably get a brand new board/binding setup at a good price as well.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details.
Good advice, spend most of your time picking boots then get a pair of burton stiletto bindings (these are good beginner to intermediate bindings).

If you are more at the beginner stage consider a burton feather, a good board to learn on. If you're more intermediate burton déjà vu in camber rather than flyng v since we have lots of ice in ontario.

Look for dealers at the show who have last years stock in the items above and expect no less than 40 per cent off the price of this years same models.

Disclaimer: There are lots of brands to choose from, I only know burton, others can advise on the rest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts