Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while the season is basically over, either due to spring coming up or a virus shutting everything down, it's time to start thinking about the next board. For next week... or for next season. Depending on how you see it.

Personally, my next purchase is now probably going to be a board with a longer sidecut and purely for going on piste. I already have a Tracer and a Pencil + that works on piste. The Slush Slasher 151 has a really long sidecut but the nose feels a little too soft and it could have a longer effective edge.

I think my quiver next season is going to be:

Salomon First Call 151 (for playing around with the kids)
Capita Slush Slasher 151 (trees and rocks)
Nidecker Tracer 161 ("leisurely" resort carving)
Korua Pencil plus 164 (powder and carving)
"insert next board"

Boards on my radar now is:

Fullbag Diamond Blade 163
Korua Bullet Train 160
Korua Trenchdigger 165

Is this something I need? Probably not, but it's just too much fun riding different boards.

Curious about what kind of boards people are on the lookout for or what's in the pipeline for next week...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I’ve just treated myself with an Amplid Pentaquark 158 2020, it’s on its way. It will join my UNW8 163 as an ice carver.

My GF asked ‚But you just got this white board (Korua CR59) 2 weeks ago?’.
I’ve replied ‚Yes Honey but desperate times call for desperate measures’.

I feel better now, a new board is better than Prozac.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I just got a board. It will make me happy for 2-3 weeks. Then I’m back to lurking boards probably.
I think I need some new apparel now so I can strap-in with a fresh cool look on the carpet ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
So,
At the moment my quiver is
  • Sims Tom Sims Pro 2019 159W
  • Jones Mind Expander 2019 158
  • Party Platter 2020 147
  • Amplid Surfari (not ridden yet)

I went 147 on the PP based on Angry advice and the fact that I was really curious about a really small size. My Large Pilots are slightly out of the board at the back foot and I am already further than reference stance.
So i may change that to a PP 152 or more for Amplid Dada.

I am pretty covered with the Sims as my daily, it carves well and is actually quite playful I find at my weight in the tip and tail. I'll have the Surfari for even more serious carving and harder charging freeride.
The Mind Expander is amazing as a pow board as well as in slush, and rides switch reasonably well.

Anyway, as we all know, I'll still need to look at new boards.
Aside of the Dada, I guess at some point I'll want a swallow tail.
The Storm Chaser is the dream but too specific for what I do. So more something like the Dart or the Aloha Vibes?

And there are the boards that always come cheap at season end: Slush Slasher, Sushi...

At the moment, looking at the Sushi as I am curious about this reverse directional flex, plus it is french, clearly a crazy shape and I love the graphic.

I have also been quite intrigued by the redesign of the Flagship.

I feel I am one board away of curing myself, but I may have been there before...

And please, don't get me started on bindings

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't really feel like I have a daily driver. If I had to pick one it would probably be the Tracer. But the Pencil if I could actually only keep one board. I need to try the Tracer in some pow :)

I feel like I only need one more board now. ?

Edit: Or a personal helicopter.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I feel like I only need one more board now. ?
This makes me wonder: do I spend time on this forum because there are cool people who know loads about snowboarding?
Or am I just here as you all help me justify my vice?

My GF asked ‚But you just got this white board (Korua CR59) 2 weeks ago?’.
I’ve replied ‚Yes Honey but desperate times call for desperate measures’.

I feel better now, a new board is better than Prozac.
Well, I may have my answer...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This makes me wonder: do I spend time on this forum because there are cool people who know loads about snowboarding?
Or am I just here as you all help me justify my vice?
I don't know anything about snowboarding! I strap in, point it at what I think is downhill, and just go...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really want to get on the Korua bandwagon, the pencil and dart appeal to me the most, maybe even the pencil+ if its not too much board. General carving and then I will also take it to Japan next year if I get one.

I just picked up a Capita Outerspace Living 156 on sale but I may need a split-board considering the resorts down here might not even open this year at all.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts