Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well ...
Congrats I guess!
Just quickly googled the board, it does not look like your regular board type, the price must have been real good!
What size did you get?
156. A good deal indeed but more to shift a Capita to good conditions freestyle quiver spot. Now I can part with the Mercury and Kazu to make some space for an all mountain board that grips better on icy shit. With the Asymulator I don’t care, not gonna be my do-it-all conditions board anyway. I’m not into sodo maso activities like practising freestyle on ice. I wanted Capita’s pop and lightness for the easiest work on my lacking spins.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Ehhhh, I'm not a huge fan of capita but I'm stoked for you. The only model of theirs that has really spoken to me is the Arthur Longo mercury.

On the note of boards though... Anyone have a rec on a good rcr style board with edge tech? 154-156ish?
Hoping to pick up something on sale!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ehhhh, I'm not a huge fan of capita but I'm stoked for you. The only model of theirs that has really spoken to me is the Arthur Longo mercury.

On the note of boards though... Anyone have a rec on a good rcr style board with edge tech? 154-156ish?
Hoping to pick up something on sale!
I like their pop, lightness and base speed honestly. Just like I like other brands for carving, edge hold, dampening etc.

RCR with edge tech - most of Yes, Jones, Niche and Rossi boards.
What kind of board? Or just a board to buy on sale cos others are gear whoring? ?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I like their pop, lightness and base speed honestly. Just like I like other brands for carving, edge hold, dampening etc.

RCR with edge tech - most of Yes, Jones, Niche and Rossi boards.
What kind of board? Or just a board to buy on sale cos others are gear whoring? ?
Yeah, fair enough. I had a pretty bad experience with a capita rep out once and it soured me on them. I'd still hit up a demo day or something. I just feel like their graphics are a bit too try-hard 99% of the time which is why the longo mercury is so awesome.

Re:board...
Honestly just looking for an ice stick. I can't say I've really had any issues with my omni on ice because the RCR profile is pretty camber dominant. But it may be nice to try something else. I guess I should maybe just keep my eye out for something used, but half the time stuff is either too beat or people have no idea what resale value should be. Some dude locally is selling a set of 10 year old cartels for 200 bucks and refused to be talked down at all when I was looking for a set of binders to throw on a board I was selling lol.

My current list of considerations for boards include a split lol. That and I'm tempted by some of the friggin ish endeavor has haha.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yeah, fair enough. I had a pretty bad experience with a capita rep out once and it soured me on them. I'd still hit up a demo day or something. I just feel like their graphics are a bit too try-hard 99% of the time which is why the longo mercury is so awesome.

Re:board...
Honestly just looking for an ice stick. I can't say I've really had any issues with my omni on ice because the RCR profile is pretty camber dominant. But it may be nice to try something else. I guess I should maybe just keep my eye out for something used, but half the time stuff is either too beat or people have no idea what resale value should be. Some dude locally is selling a set of 10 year old cartels for 200 bucks and refused to be talked down at all when I was looking for a set of binders to throw on a board I was selling lol.

My current list of considerations for boards include a split lol. That and I'm tempted by some of the friggin ish endeavor has haha.
I see your point. Did you own one or just a pushy cocky rep or what? Curious about your feedback.
I actually like their graphics. The Asymulator has ok topsheet for me, not a rental-level design at least, it has some shiny particles in the laminate like the Kazu and Mercury 2020. The 2021 looks sleek.

I’ve tried to find the Spring Break Twin 2018 with that blondie. That nipple would have made strapping more fun. An incentive to try more grabs. Feminists triggered. But sold out.

On the board you are looking for - directional or twin? A daily all mountain driver for icy conditions or a more specialized one?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
That's exactly the kind of try hard design I hate. My omni is one of my favorite graphics because it's mostly black. The black base is awesome. Signals tailgunner is another favorite because that wave is rad.

When I think of capitas graphics what comes to mind is...
"you're not punk and you're not fooling anyone".
Ymmv ya know?

I'm actually semi interested in the arbor Iguchi pro camber... Might see if prices drop a bit or is I can find a solid used one.

I feel like a used board might be a good idea for this purpose since an ice board is going to get beat on.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I like either sleek graphics (like Endeavor, Korua, Salo Assassin Pro 2020 or the new BSOD or Asymulator for 2021, 2020 Custom X) or the ones like 2019 Greats/Orca, 2018 Spring Break, 2020 and 2021 Rossi Sushi etc.
No dull, rental-like graphics please.

What about the Aviator from Jones. These come cheaper than the Guch.
@zc1 has been very positive in some older discussion about its carving and ice grip.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I'd take the Aviator over the Iguchi pro in any terrain, and the Iguchi pro is a good board. That's not an insult to the Iguchi pro. It's just a nod to the Aviator.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's exactly the kind of try hard design I hate. My omni is one of my favorite graphics because it's mostly black. The black base is awesome. Signals tailgunner is another favorite because that wave is rad.

When I think of capitas graphics what comes to mind is...
"you're not punk and you're not fooling anyone".
Ymmv ya know?

I'm actually semi interested in the arbor Iguchi pro camber... Might see if prices drop a bit or is I can find a solid used one.

I feel like a used board might be a good idea for this purpose since an ice board is going to get beat on.
We’ve already talked about Signal boards, but I never caught which year Omni you have.

Is it the 2019? I friggin’ love mine. There something about that 95% matte black.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m looking at hopefully picking up both the Burton Kilroy Directional and the Rome Powder Division MT.

I just need to decide which to spend money on, and which to wait to buy until I can sell a board lol

41 - 60 of 99 Posts