Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’m travelling to NISEKO JAPAN for the first time in Feb next year...as I’ve done NZ to death now. At this stage I’m travelling solo..
Just wondering if I’m mad to be going solo.. I’ve heard visibility can be poor and there are TREE STUMPS to dodge 😱 I’m usually up for any kind of adventure but just curious if this is a mad idea.
Perhaps some super fluoro pants and flashing lights in case I zoom off a cliff or nock myself out on slamming into a tree?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Riding trees solo is not the best idea, although we all do it on occasion. I'm pretty sure as long as you can hold your own that you won't have any trouble finding a few mates to ride with. From what I hear Niseko is full of Ausies and Kiwis so you'll feel right at home (maybe too much).

·
Registered
924 Posts
Some of the slopes can be steep enough, but usually the trees have ok spacing. Powder company at the base of annupuri have some resort or bc tours and could probably match you with a group. They also do summits on yotei. Powcom.net

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Riding trees solo is not the best idea, although we all do it on occasion. I'm pretty sure as long as you can hold your own that you won't have any trouble finding a few mates to ride with. From what I hear Niseko is full of Ausies and Kiwis so you'll feel right at home (maybe too much).
So I’m wondering are the trails tree free? I don’t plan on going off piste!!
I’m absolutely sure I’ll make some new lunch buddies to share stories with.. thanks!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
The groomed runs are cleared, but surrounded by trees. It gets tracked out really fast, so make sure you get there early. Offpiste can be really fun, but would get some guiding if you haven't done it much. Daytrips to Rusutsu is worth checking out. If you stay at some big pension house or lodge with a lounge or bar, finding friends will be easy. Ask the owners what type of guests they usually get.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The trails are of course tree free (there might the odd 1 or 2 spaced about 3 kms apart ;) )If it's tanking snow then the trails can get refreshed but it's pretty damn busy and as has been said before, shit gets tracked quick.

Ru is no good.....don't go ;) :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’m travelling to NISEKO JAPAN for the first time in Feb next year...as I’ve done NZ to death now. At this stage I’m travelling solo..
Just wondering if I’m mad to be going solo.. I’ve heard visibility can be poor and there are TREE STUMPS to dodge 😱 I’m usually up for any kind of adventure but just curious if this is a mad idea.
Perhaps some super fluoro pants and flashing lights in case I zoom off a cliff or nock myself out on slamming into a tree?
I will be out there solo at the same time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts