Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The better half and I are going to Japan for the latter half of the month. Plan was for a week's boarding, from the 20th, and we picked Hakuba over Niseko for various reasons.

Problem is we're now hearing word of a terrible forecast and that a warm front from China is basically, excuse my French, f'cking things up down that way. So much so that the season may be finishing early...

Anyone know if that front is hitting Niseko too? Is the forecast as dire there? So far the only money down is a deposit on accomodation in Hakuba so if the forecast is better in Niseko we may just write that off and change plans but that's no use if Niseko is getting hit as badly.

This is really bad news :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
Its all turning to spring conditions which means snow on the ground but warm temps and even rain.
Hokkaido is further north so will be colder and more chance of snow than hakuba which gets hit hard by warm weather. You are a month too late
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were always going to be a month too late given our schedule, but spring conditions won't be too bad. Was worried there will be NO snow and resorts closed! Obviously Niseko has more chance but if both are heading that way we might better sticking with what we have, you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
There WILL be snow. If there are lifts running is another thing.
Send an email to them and ask.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Your dates should be ok since the bigger japanese resorts are open into April at least but with more limited lifts running.

I've boarded in Japan before in spring conditions and they weren't bad at all, resorts are generally well managed and runs well maintained.

Hope your trip turns out alright!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top