Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Nitro Banker

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Phedder 
#1 ·
Anyone here ridden?

I've read a lot of good reviews, and picked up a 2021 as an ex-demo for $300AU.
Keen to hear personal reviews if anyone here has one!

Now my second Nitro board, after my 2020 Squash!

#2 ·
Big big fan of the Banker, and you got a killer price for Aus!

It's become my daily driver and favorite board, so much so that I bought a 2nd one after damaging the first and being scared of losing it haha. Both 2020 models, prefer the graphic and was afraid they'd soften it like most of the quiver line after the first year.

For me it's the perfect do it all board, aggressive but still nimble and overall freestyle feel. I had and loved the Squash too, Banker basically feels like a more daily driver and freestyle friendly Squash. Comparing the two (2019 Squash 163, 2020 Banker 159) Banker has much less effective edge and is a touch narrower so to me it feels very nimble and precise, but the camber and stiffness still give it enough edgehold. The nose is stiffer than the Squash, flaps around less and feels more stable plowing into push mounds of snow. Has more tail but still a very flat tail kick so gives you a really solid platform to snap and Ollie from. Tighter sidecut definitely contributes to the more nimble feeling but still maintains composure at speed.

I've been meaning to do a proper review for months now and I can talk about this board forever so when I finally get around to it it's going to be a long one hah. I generally agree with most things Angry Snowboarder said in his review, though it definitely softens up more as it breaks in and isn't as aggressive as he makes it out to be. If you like your Squash and wanted something similar but more freestyle and daily driver friendly, then you've made a fantastic pick. I want them to make a 162 Banker, I'd rock that for pow and big freeride days and keep the 159 for daily use.

#4 ·
What type of riding are you looking to do? What are your specs, where do you ride?

Really the only similarities are that they're both full camber boards and both on the stiffer side, though the Custom X is a fair bit stiffer. I can still butter and play around just fine on the Banker, I can do the same tricks and moves on a Custom X but I'm not getting the same amount of flex out of the tip or tail at all. I'd say the Banker is more similar to the regular Custom than Custom X actually.

I'd take the Custom X if I wanted to be bombing and carving groomers as fast as I could all day, or hitting the mega booters on the jump line. For anything else I'd prefer the Banker, especially if there's any powder, bumps, or tree riding involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.