Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feels like forever and a day since I last posted. Im currently in the market for a completely unnecessary long powder board. In not going crazy long like a doughboy or the 201 cannon, but am debating between the archetype 162 and cannon 172.
My dilemma is, from what I’ve found the archetype is a fantastic board and the cannon seems to be a bit of an unknown. Any thoughts on which one would excel as a pure powder board for cascade concrete? I’m about 180lbs with gear on and am comfortable with longer board

thanks

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Cannons going to have more nose to it and be a floppy noodle when you encounter some crust, Archetype will be stiffer in the nose and drive through it a bit better. Honestly you should look at Snofisk if you want something big and can plow through that chunder you get up there.

·
Registered
963 Posts
162 isn't even long. 171 Fullbag Hammerhead, floats, carves, blasts over and through just about anything. The end of the big nose will flap a bit at high speeds but it doesn't migrate back to the inserts. Just the tip as they say. Also, the Doughboy looks kind of ridiculous but it's really surprisingly agile. I've ridden it a bunch the past few seasons, even on crowded weekends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts