Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Totally different boards. What's your riding style? Personally I'd go with the Magnum as it's slightly cambered and stiffer, with a sintered base. Which at your weight I think would be better. The Prime is flat and medium flex, which might not be stiff enough for you if you're wanting stability at speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally different boards. What's your riding style? Personally I'd go with the Magnum as it's slightly cambered and stiffer, with a sintered base. Which at your weight I think would be better. The Prime is flat and medium flex, which might not be stiff enough for you if you're wanting stability at speed.
Hey thanks for the response! Seriously.. they're different? I was really leaning towards the Prime Wide for no reason tbh...

Im just an all mountain rider, no park.

The problem I have is finding a board to accommodate my Sasquatch size 15/16 boots.

Should I get the 171 Magnum or the 168?

Cheers mate

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
If you're not interested in park at all I'd definitely go for the Magnum. I have no experience with either board, but just looking at the specs the Magnum will be much more stable and provide better edge hold. As for size I'm not sure, the 168 should be enough but if you ride a lot of powder maybe the 171?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts