Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm back in here again...

Decided to send a berm I didn't scope first. Dumb mistake. You can send this thing fricken deep.. but I decided to send it right over towards the area that had some small pine trees... clipped one and snapped my forearm... eh what are you gonna do :dunno:

Now I gotta sit here with this fracture till surgery Monday.
Today was a bluebird pow day. Was SO good out there today.

and I was SO stoked for end of season to get some new tricks under my belt too. Miller flips, hand plants and stalefish are just going to have to wait I guess :sigh: but no really watch this video dude the miller flip is perfect!! and that 540 method. So god damn steezy. It's my new dream trick for sure. I got the tweaked method.. gotta get 540s tho.. God I love spring riding today had some serious potential. It was gorgeous out!!!

Ride of shame.
1741_10151342946316625_141990040_n.jpg

903832_10152737518215157_1687794485_o.jpg

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Saw this on facebook, bummer for sure. At least this happened towards the end of the season. Sending + vibes your way!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no man just acquaintance riders. It just been my stoke motivation and and a slow-mo how to tutorial lol.

My bad I did mean compound, thank god. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
leading arm or trailing?...if its the trailing, no worries for just crusin riding imo, casts are good protection!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah thats what i'm thinking. It's my trailing arm. I have to see how good they set it after surgery. but yeah I would be that person riding cast style against better judgement for sure. Not immediately but I know I'm at least getting one run in last day of season even if it's only just a cruiser. That's fine.

·
Registered
925 Posts
hope for a speed recovery, and i would definitely ride with a cast on if it is my trailing arm:laugh: hell, i played basketball with a cast on once until the other team complained that i hurt one of their players:D

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah no trailing arm luck for me...
Looks like I can never half ass anything.
So the tree decided to smash my Ulna into 30 pieces.. surgery took 3 hours to piece it back together with 2 more days in the hospital on a pain drip.
Too much swelling going on so I don't have a full cast, just a half plaster cast splint between cotton, ace bandage and a sling. Moving my fingers in painful.. and I can't drive my stick shift.. was told I need PT to learn to use my left arm again so I recovery is going to be a lot longer than I thought. No sports of any kind for 4 months nothing that can risk me falling. Blahhhhh.... Can't ever just break a bone like a normal person had to go over the top.

These pain pills I'm on (2 weeks worth) are fricken tripping me out at night. I've been having crazy nightmares and hallucinations. I'm trying to cut back on them as quick as possible.

On the bright side I can ride next year :) with a hinge brace all season. Family and I have argued because I was told I need to reevaluate my life after two major injuries.. I pretty much just called them selfish for ever insisting I give up something I love in my life just for their own peace of mind... I know they really care but it's just not fair to have to argue and defend myself every time I get hurt. Oh it just sucks... sorry I just needed to vent a lil.

:blowup:

Anyway here's my hardware. Pretty cool huh? It runs over half the length of my forearm with at least 1o screws.

C360_2013-03-27-11-27-26.jpg

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
two days out of the hospital tho I decided to pull through and still go to the Powder Mountain rail jam to support my employer "Lucky Slice" for sponsoring the event with more snowboard community support, and my 3 friends who competed in the comp. Hosted by Kevin Pearce and Danny Davis so thought it would lift me and my friend Vanessa's spirits.. she just had repairative knee surgery after an accident in the park so she drove us on crutches... and the two of us made a whole person... maybe not the wisest thing we should have done that day but ah well.. hyrocodone's a hell of a drug.

483623_4681158588903_961862774_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Damn Karasene, you didn't just break your arm, you straight blew it up! Sucks to be sidelined for the end of the season, but at least you know you get to ride again. Here's to a speedy recovery for you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where do you see my tat? lol
Got one that says "art mimics life" and another chaos symbol/compass without direction

Thanks guys. How ya'll been?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Why aren't you wearing body armor or at least padding on your limbs?

Indiscretion of youth, I suppose?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts