Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
3/4 of the country are EC Which looking at the legend means that they don't have a clue so how can 90% be A
Also read the legend say 2.5 month prediction starting in Aug

This is just a fail of a prediction !!!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lead time means it starts 2.5 months from now...Valid N(ov), D(ec), J(an)

it's a fail if you are in Florida! Fuck, heaven forbid I should get stoked about something! LOL

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,454 Posts
....This is the last weather prediction I paid any attention to,

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmm...not sure if that is a good thing

welll, have to check back in Feb to see how they did...last summer was hot and dry and we had a record start and awesome season for pow (and sun)...this summer is even hotter and drier...so...tbd

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
If I recall last winters NOAA forcast that was a fail as well

oh well, I just want some cold last year was warm and everytime they made snow it rained the next weekend. It was an absolutely shitty December here

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,454 Posts
oh well, I just want some cold last year was warm and everytime they made snow it rained the next weekend. It was an absolutely shitty December here
Amen Brother!!! Seriously shitty start to last season in the midwest. N. Mi. Got some good snow late in season but down here in SE. MI, it mostly sucked goat's balls, to quote DaveZ!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Amen Brother!!! Seriously shitty start to last season in the midwest. N. Mi. Got some good snow late in season but down here in SE. MI, it mostly sucked goat's balls, to quote DaveZ!
Agreed

Man March in Northern WI and the U.P. though got hammered (by Midwest standards) I wish I could have gotten up there just wasn't in the cards. Hoping to a much better start to this year :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Imagine living in Georgia and being addicted to snowboarding and driving up to North Carolina every week on your off days! Now that truly sucks goat's balls LOL

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Imagine living in Georgia and being addicted to snowboarding and driving up to North Carolina every week on your off days! Now that truly sucks goat's balls LOL
That is rough, but you live where there is not supposed to be snow.
I live where there is "supposed" to be snow !!!!!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
That is rough, but you live where there is not supposed to be snow.
I live where there is "supposed" to be snow !!!!!
I envy you! I work for the railroad and am trying to transfer to Mass. or either U.P. in Denver. Either would be a dream come true for me!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I envy you! I work for the railroad and am trying to transfer to Mass. or either U.P. in Denver. Either would be a dream come true for me!
Don't envy me to much the U.P. us just the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...just above the northern most part of Wisconsin. Bigger hills around but nothing compared to riding real mountains.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
UPRR has lots of openings right now Cheyenne being one, but being a railroad employee you already know that seniority is everything and hard to give up.

UP: View All Positions

I have thought about transferring to Colorado many times but I have to many years in to give up the senority.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
UPRR has lots of openings right now Cheyenne being one, but being a railroad employee you already know that seniority is everything and hard to give up.

UP: View All Positions

I have thought about transferring to Colorado many times but I have to many years in to give up the senority.

Good luck
I have 8 years of seniority but I'm willing to give that up for a better way of life. I hate living in the south, I always feel at home when i get to the snow. I would have left already if I wasn't taking care of my sick father and elderly mother. That's life tho.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I thought I had it rough in San Diego! Local mountains are Bear and Mt Low. Bear is cool, about 500 acres between two resorts, Bear with the park to keep you occupied. Mammoth 6 hrs away by car. SLC, Denver, Seattle, Portland by cheap southwest flights.

It's not ideal but I guess it's just ok

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I can hit the parking lot at Luv in four and a half hours from my doorstep, not great but nothing to bitch about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts