Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
i am looking for a good starter / intermediate board to grow into that handles the occasional ice patch.

Stats
Height: 6"
Weight: 200
Boot size: 11 (foot 270mm)
Riding style: Groomers / All-mountain / artificial snow with ice patches
Budget: willing to spent a xtra

deciding between going cheap or expensive, preferably a board that lasts...

deciding between
Burton Process V-Rocker 162
Never Summer SL 161

comments pls

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i did the sickest thing, google the forum for more info on the SL :p
Nvm my previous question, its been answered too many times and I really feel this would be the best choice if available.

Off to deciding on bindings, feel free to comment ...

**off dig up some more old posts :cheeky4:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rome 390 Boss and Ride delta would slick on a white SL and come with good reviews, below are the most detailed reviews amongst all could find.
www.thegoodride.com - Rome 390 & Boss
www.thegoodride.com - Ride Delta MVMNT
Targa is a little stiffer option...

Flow NXTT-ATSE, dont like the colours and im not sure if ill like their ratchet system (i saw you do)

i wish i could try before i buy, Ill dig around some more before making up my mind :) thx for the useful input

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not able to get the all favorite NS-SL board as planned..
So i will go cheaper for my first board and get a better board next season.

In terms of availability i'm pretty much stuck with either choosing between Burton or Rossignol.

The deciding factors atm are pretty much price/rocker/ice control.
I believe i would want Burton Frostbite Edges or Rossignol Magne-Traction etc or similar tech. (not that i can vouch for it, can only judge from reviews/comments as it will be my first board)

Burton Clash would be a decent starter for its price but doesnt have Frostbite edges.
The Process Rocker has, but will work out quite abit more expensive.

Rossignol is overall cheaper and comes with alot tech and good looks (One, Agnus, Taipan) but is rated for intermediate > advanced riders.

Im definitly a beginner but also a quick learner and I'll be riding mostly groomers with hard packed snow or artificial with ice patches. I'm not interested in pipes/park etc.. flying down the mountain curving with small jumps is my target for now.

I saw alot of hate post vs Rossignol (ski makers) but snowboard-review.com and other sites approve of their boards/tech.

So ofcourse like everyone else, im stuck between options and would like your input to help decide.

thx in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts