Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the Idaho Panhandle and had a few quick questions about resort preferences. Prior to moving up here, I’d only boarded in Colorado. Winter Park the last few years, but prior to that I jumped around a lot. I’ve heard Schweitzer is as close as I’ll get to what I’m used to in the area, but is it worth the premium price for a season pass?

I know I missed their early season sale, but now at $799 (soon to be $999) it seems like a pretty hefty price to pay. Silver seems like a solid deal with their $369ish price currently, but my wife is a little claustrophobic. We went up to the brewfest the other weekend and she was not a fan of the Gondola. I’ve heard they’ll shut it down when it gets too windy as well right? Meaning the resort is essentially closed. Does that happen often?

I’ll definitely make it out to other mountains, but these two are the closest to my house so I’ll likely limit my season pass to one of the two this year.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
New to the Idaho Panhandle and had a few quick questions about resort preferences. Prior to moving up here, I’d only boarded in Colorado. Winter Park the last few years, but prior to that I jumped around a lot. I’ve heard Schweitzer is as close as I’ll get to what I’m used to in the area, but is it worth the premium price for a season pass?

I know I missed their early season sale, but now at $799 (soon to be $999) it seems like a pretty hefty price to pay. Silver seems like a solid deal with their $369ish price currently, but my wife is a little claustrophobic. We went up to the brewfest the other weekend and she was not a fan of the Gondola. I’ve heard they’ll shut it down when it gets too windy as well right? Meaning the resort is essentially closed. Does that happen often?

I’ll definitely make it out to other mountains, but these two are the closest to my house so I’ll likely limit my season pass to one of the two this year.

TIA

You might want to check out the "Idaho Resorts Information" thread there's some really good info on Idaho resorts in there. I tried posting the link but I'm too new to be able to do so, cheers mate!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might want to check out the "Idaho Resorts Information" thread there's some really good info on Idaho resorts in there. I tried posting the link but I'm too new to be able to do so, cheers mate!

Ah I didn’t notice that thread. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts