Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here ever trek up to Norway for a bit of boarding...???

I live in Norway, so get loads of snow here, the last month of this season i have been Kongsberg, Oslo Winter Park and Hemsedal.

All fantastic places for different reasons...

If you are from or ever get to Norway, do drop a message always good to ride with others... ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I might be hitting up Norway next year, is Folgefonna a great camp for riders?

·
The Swiss Miss
7,443 Posts
Long time dream to come to Norway in winter. Friends always call me mad if I propose this destination/season but I'd love to see northern lights. Im not familiar with the topography... are there any places/months you can ride pow AND see northern lights?

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Folgefonna is a glacier in the summer, and has some awesome kids capms, most of the schools run sessions down there within there system, never been there myself though... Although i might make it down next year as well. There are other glaciers as well in Norway, but i don't know much about them to be honest.

Your friends call you mad...??? Depends where you are coming from, and the Northern lights are never guaranteed, and all the BIG resorts are about a 3rd of the way up, you need to be 2/3rds up to even have a hope of seeing the lights...

If you are coming over the 1st thing to remember is cost, it is a pretty expensive pace, in terms of beer pizza and everything else, but you can get some really good deals on holidays which are cheap and make up for it...

Where had you thought of for you hols...???

·
Registered
10 Posts
From Norway

Hi! I'm from the west side of Norway, and recently moved to Oslo. What resorts would you encourage to check out? I'm pretty decent on the board, and my girlfriend tried it out last season. We'd like some friendly hills, and some action. Preferably close to Oslo.

Thanks!

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as per usual, everywhere is friendly, you should know that being in Norway already... Hehe

Try Kongsberg, where you will find me most days, Tryvann is where you will want a season pass though as it is also called Oslo Winter Park, and just a short tram trip from the town centre... ;)

But also get on some trips unto Trysil and Hemsedal as well if you can manage it...

If you decide to have a day over in Kongsberg shoot me a message a day or 2 before and i can meet you...

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
I was in Trysil for a week in March this year with my girlfriend and her parents, and we were planning to go there again next year...but then we broke up, so... :(

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or you can do the No1 on the Express buss which gives you an all inclusive rocket for return travel and kid pass...

But look at the season pass for Tryvann 1st...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Or you can do the No1 on the Express buss which gives you an all inclusive rocket for return travel and kid pass...

But look at the season pass for Tryvann 1st...
How is the park in Tryvann? Mostly thinking about beginner/intermediate level lines. The enormo-jumps has got to wait some seasons, haha.

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They run various parks at Tryvann, and some mahoosive kickers, but, there is a lot of work there with progression where you will fell comfortable learning on smaller stuff in terms of jumps and some cool rail lines as well...

Both there and Kongsberg are good for this, depending on where you will be if it is Oslo, then Tryvann is 15 minutes on the tram, anywhere outside of Oslo and you need to look elsewhere...

Where are you going to be, i can answer better if i know that... Haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tryvann is the closest to me, so im hoping I will like it there. Thinking about getting the weekday season pass.
Couple of questions:
Do they have a place where you can lock up your stuff while riding?
Is it usually crowded on fridays?

Thanx

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do they have a place where you can lock up your stuff while riding?
Is it usually crowded on fridays?

Thanx
You know i am not sure on the lockers, most places do have lockers in Norway, but i never use them as i drive everywhere so leave my stuff in the car, if they do have lockers it is normally non returnable so if you open them you pay again, which sucks, so my suggestion is a small rucksack... Or only take what you need to carry...

Fridays gets a little busier towards the end of the day, late afternoon, what times does the weekday pass cover, is it 10am-10pm or does it cut off around 4 or 5... i can't remember...

I do remember it is under 2000kr, so not a bad price, so if you work shifts or evenings, you will get your moneys worth... And gives you weekends to explore elsewhere... ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
The weekday pass is mon-thur, 10-17, and fri 10-22. Costs 1995.- Fridays is def. the best day for me, both because of work and the hours they are open.

Can hardly wait, just bring the damn snow already!)

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where do you live, i am in Drammen, so caught in the middle and always get a season pass for Kongsberg...

I may venture into having a weekday pass for Tryvann as well this season, but with Geilo and Hemsedal as well... It could get expensive...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Me and my friends are going to Trysil this weekend. According to their website it's monster powder warning. 50 cm fresh snow since last Friday and another 10-20 cm today and tomorrow. Temperature around -10 making perfect powder snow.

Can't wait until tomorrow when we leave. :yahoo:

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have fun, i am in Kongsberg all weekend...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts