Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually go down on one butt cheek and end up in some discomfort. The red impact shorts I have (only protection I use) are not doing the trick. What impact shorts provide better protection for the cheek areas as opposed to tailbone?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hillbilly or Skeletools

I have both. The hillbilly are lighter and move a little better, the Skeletools are better protection. You can double up the pads on the Skeletools if you need/want to as well.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I usually go down on one butt cheek and end up in some discomfort. The red impact shorts I have (only protection I use) are not doing the trick. What impact shorts provide better protection for the cheek areas as opposed to tailbone?
buy a more expensive jacket

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Get a tail saver pad.
Just hook it on to the back of your pants.
Gives coverage of the cheeks as well as the tailbone.

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
The Skeletools offer the best protection I've seen, but I like the ProTec the best.

I had the ProTecs and wore them often, but after I blew them out, I went with the Skeletools for better protection but they're so damn bulky I almost never wear them. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hillbilly or Skeletools

I have both. The hillbilly are lighter and move a little better, the Skeletools are better protection. You can double up the pads on the Skeletools if you need/want to as well.
That. Don't have experience with Skeletools, but Hillbilly is good. Have Hillbilly Buttpadz that I've used for a couple of seasons and like. More recently, I got some RED Impacts, the D3O kind, and used them about 3-4 times. I'm going back to my Hillbillys come this winter. As good tailbone protection and better, more "linear" cushioning in the hip and cheek area than the REDs.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have Azzpadz and Skeletools w/double pads ( I bought an extra set of pads when I ordered them)

You specifically asked for "cheek" protection so recommend the Skeletools especially if you double up the pads. I uses these on days I'm trying new tricks and expect to be hitting the ground more than normal.

On days I'm not learning or just riding groomers or jumps I prefer Azzpadz.
I used to have pics comparing them try searching my threads. Might have cleaned up the server and deleted the pics, not sure....

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
I didn't know they made them. Do you know who makes them and where I can pick up a few?
This is where I got them. Says they're out of stock right now. I'd call and ask if they are getting more in. I got the large size (I'm 5'11') and it covers most of my backside, not just the tailbone.
I actually ordered the small afterward because I found the large was TOO large for my liking. You may wish to order one of each size for that reason.

Choose the high quality| TAILSAVER Tailbone Protector

1 - 11 of 11 Posts