Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread a few months ago asking about the Jones Mercury versus Burton Cartel bindings. And everyone was helpful and turned me onto Now bindings which I had never heard of. Thanks!

I’m looking at the Now line focusing on the Brigade, Pilot, and Drive. Open to other suggestions too.

In addition to my Jones Frontier, I’m thinking to pick up something like a K2 Cool Bean 150. What bindings work best with a surf style board that would also work with my Frontier?

I don’t live near snow so I would be traveling with 2 boards and a set of bindings to swap between the 2 of them. I don’t charge fast if that helps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I started a thread a few months ago asking about the Jones Mercury versus Burton Cartel bindings. And everyone was helpful and turned me onto Now bindings which I had never heard of. Thanks!

I’m looking at the Now line focusing on the Brigade, Pilot, and Drive. Open to other suggestions too.

In addition to my Jones Frontier, I’m thinking to pick up something like a K2 Cool Bean 150. What bindings work best with a surf style board that would also work with my Frontier?

I don’t live near snow so I would be traveling with 2 boards and a set of bindings to swap between the 2 of them. I don’t charge fast if that helps.

Thanks!
Maybe have a look at the K2 Lien AT's, I just grabbed a pair for the same reason to try and run on 2 or 3 boards when travelling to save weight.

I haven't ridden them yet but the tripod system with interchangeable pods sounds a great idea, I just waxed my boards this morning and mounted them on the Surfari to how they fitted and pretty happy. They come with a heap of hardware as you can see in the image, the different colour pods apparently vary the feel and they're rated mid-stiff flex binding. Might be one to look at.

I don't know much about the Now bindings and whether one model will suit both boards but the kingpin tool-less tech would be handy to quickly change them between boards.

20200521_124402.jpg Binding (8).jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epic thanks for the advice. I will look into those. Looking to pick up something soon while all the 2019-2020 gear is on clearance so I can be ready for next season

·
Registered
408 Posts
Another option is you could do the Drive with highbacks for the Frontier and sans highback(s) , but with high cup, for the Bean. Suggest start by removing rear high back only.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You might appreciate a more surfy binding on the Cool Bean. The Bean was designed in conjunction with K2's Lien At. The pairing feels really, really good together. Liens are pretty versatile with their heel blocks and various pods too.

Nows with high cups sound pretty surfy too!

·
Registered
976 Posts
So remove high backs when switching between boards? Better just buy a pair of softer bindings for the other board.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've been loving K2 Lineups lately. They're pretty much the same as the Lien, but they have really soft urethane highbacks that get a little stiffer the colder it gets. They have the same tripod frame (which is awesome) but they only come with the surfy red bushings. I run Lineups on two boards, and Lien AT on a third that charges harder. I liked both the Lineups and the Lien AT on my Cool Bean. Another good thing about Lineups is how affordable they are.

K2 tripod vs. NOW skatetech- I'd like to hear from someone who has experience with both. They seem pretty similar in concept, except NOW rocks front to back and K2 adds lateral movement as well. I've been wanting to try NOW for a few seasons, but I'm worried I'll miss that lateral movement and rebound from the K2's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
While there are a lot of people out there that would desribe the Cool Bean as a surfy board, and it certainly can be in certain situations, it lacks the flexibility really be that compared to like the Party Platter, Party Wave, Ravine, or even a Warpig. It is very torsionally stiff and other than the outer nose, it is pretty stiff tip to tip as well.

For a one binding option on a Cool Bean and a Frontier from Now specifically I would be pointing you towards the Selects or Pilots. Enough stiffness not to feel loose on the Frontier but not so stiff they take away from the more flexible nature that the terrain calls for when your're on your Cool Bean. Similar bindings, just pick if you want the more direct and tighter feel of the Selects or the roomier feel of the Pilots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts