Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with these things? Anyone use them?
I get what there supposed to do based on their own propaganda but seems kinda gimmicky.

·
Banned
257 Posts
ok

ight i had the ipos: my review:

fucking awesome!
the concept works, and its really intersting.
however,
manuacturingg sucks and its still early, the concept is rushed.

sorry im typing on my ipadd.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ight i had the ipos: my review:

fucking awesome!
the concept works, and its really intersting.
however,
manuacturingg sucks and its still early, the concept is rushed.

sorry im typing on my ipadd.
I wouldn't say the concept was rushed, but improvements to the straps and buckles are supposed to be coming.

I would say that the issue with the straps and buckles were due to third party manufacturer and meeting a price point. With the exception of the highback, straps and buckles; lots of money was put into all other parts of the binding. Note, I don't crank my ratchets down like others but agree that the straps and buckles will be a welcome up grade.

Therefore, if the Now binding design catches on and manufacturing increases; expect to see a price decrease, improved parts and materials.

As you can tell, I'm a fan of the Now IPO.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Concept is rushed? JF spent 10 years developing them.

Awesome bindings. Anything they had issues with as far as manufacturing is expected to have been taken care of for 2014 including 2 new models.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Awesome bindings and flexible (in both senses of the word)

Also highly praised by BA (best he'd rode all season IIRC - if I got that wrong BA I apologise but it stuck in my head when researching the IPOs just before I bought them!), which is a feat in and of itself :laugh:

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
What's with these things? Anyone use them?
I get what there supposed to do based on their own propaganda but seems kinda gimmicky.
Where were you last year when they debuted and were the talk of the industry??:huh:

I decided to get a pair when they were first being discounted near the end of last year.
Took them to Banff/Lake Louise with my Cartels.
Tried the NOWs on the second day, went back to the Cartels on the third day, and couldn't get back to the NOWs fast enough. And I liked my Cartels!!

I only ride the NOWs now.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you guy say their a good binding for freeriding, or they more of a freestyle thing.
Thinking of slapping them on my darker series with DC t.rice status boots. But I'm more of a freeride guy.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I bought one pair, then bought a second right away. My ladders got a bit chewed but they acknowledged the issue straight off and will be sending me upgraded versions for both pairs as soon as they are in. No other issue with them at all.

The NOW is pretty much a do anything binding depending on the bushing hardness you use. You can dial in how much response you want. Due to the kingpin you don't need the super stiff frame/highback for freeride response. I do think they are making a model with a larger and stiffer highback but more for perception than actual need, my opinion of course.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Would you guy say their a good binding for freeriding, or they more of a freestyle thing?
Yes. They are that. Really though, they are probably the only binding I've ridden that is just at home on a Jackpot as a PYL. It's pretty remarkable.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That does it, I'm gonna order a pair. now the question is do I get last years for $180 or new at $310?

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Would you guy say their a good binding for freeriding, or they more of a freestyle thing.
Thinking of slapping them on my darker series with DC t.rice status boots. But I'm more of a freeride guy.
I was riding my TRice Pro HP with DC Status boots (close enough to your setup ya think?:thumbsup:) when I compared the NOWs to the Cartels.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where were you last year when they debuted and were the talk of the industry??:huh:
I dunno, in the poor house at any rate so it wouldn't have mattered.
Yes. They are that. Really though, they are probably the only binding I've ridden that is just at home on a Jackpot as a PYL. It's pretty remarkable.
Sounds awesome.:thumbsup:
Where do you find the new models?
Looks like they aint out yet. Seems like their website would be the best place to see.
I was riding my TRice Pro HP with DC Status boots (close enough to your setup ya think?:thumbsup:) when I compared the NOWs to the Cartels.
Ya close enough lol. Stoked!:yahoo:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Now IPO's are great bindings. Its the only ones i ride on boards that are not bataleons.... unfortunately i pretty much only ride TBT :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
When are the new models coming out. I want a pair of the now selects for my nitro team gullwing 157. Any opinions on how theyd hold up with all the jibbing and buttering ill be doing

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
They're awesome. I rode them far more than any of my other bindings last season. Then I sold all the rest and kept the IPO. I'm hoping to add the new Drive model to my quiver this year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts