Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is moving up in boot sizes and out of his current small IPOs. He'll likely be a size 8-9 so on the small end of size medium. Considering the IPO and Bridade are basically the same with hangar differences what exactly are those differences? Am I correct in that the 2.0 is a little larger for wider boots?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yep, 2.0 has wider heel cups. But I wear size 8 boots and ride both 1.0 and 2.0. At that size the difference is miniscule. Size 9 and up may benefit from 2.0.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hanger 2.0 is significantly wider. I'm a size 10 or 10.5 depending on the boot, upper range of a medium. I can ride Hanger 2.0 mediums, with Hanger 1.0 I probably need larges.

Hanger 3.0 (coming next year) is even wider. I have some 2022 Jones Mercury samples and I feel like I'm in the middle of the size range on thoses, upper bound is probably something like an 11. I have to bias my discs toeside with Hanger 2.0s to center my boots, but can run them parallel to the board with Hanger 3.0s.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hanger 2.0 is significantly wider. I'm a size 10 or 10.5 depending on the boot, upper range of a medium. I can ride Hanger 2.0 mediums, with Hanger 1.0 I probably need larges.

Hanger 3.0 (coming next year) is even wider. I have some 2022 Jones Mercury samples and I feel like I'm in the middle of the size range on thoses, upper bound is probably something like an 11. I have to bias my discs toeside with Hanger 2.0s to center my boots, but can run them parallel to the board with Hanger 3.0s.
Do you know if the Hanger 3.0 is any longer?

I use the Pilot in a medium and with 9.5 boots I need to use the disc to move heelside to be centred on the board. I would definitely pick up some new Now/Jones if there was more length and I could use the discs for stance width instead.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you know if the Hanger 3.0 is any longer?

I use the Pilot in a medium and with 9.5 boots I need to use the disc to move heelside to be centred on the board. I would definitely pick up some new Now/Jones if there was more length and I could use the discs for stance width instead.
I ordered a pair of Jones mercury larges for my size thirteen boots, and the base plate was entirely too small for a size thirteen boot. I am holding off to see if hanger 3.0 makes a difference in fit at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts