Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NOW splitboard bindings?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Rip154 
#1 ·
Just a random thought I wanted to share with folks and see what they think... Will now get into the split game? Maybe the only challenge will be to not crack the kingpin in tour mode?

#2 ·
Not really sure how the kingpin system would come into play. The kingpin connects at the binding mid point, where as for touring you would need it to secure the toes of the bindings. Lets be honest, switching over bindings with the kingpin system isn't as easy as they market it to be. Doing that in the backcountry and losing those screws would be a nightmare. Now would have to come up with an entirely new binding system for splitboarding. That being said, I love Now bindings and would love if they did develop a new splitboard binding system. More companies and innovation in that space would be awesome. Until then I'll be happy with my Sparks.

#6 ·
Plum is a french company that use Now straps, about the same price range as Karakoram and high quality. Not too different design, both seem to be improvements on the old Burton system. Union builds on a system that was on the market a few years too, but they reworked it to plastic. Haven't tried it, but at least they are fine tuning it. I like the baseplate being close to a regular binding, and no heel hardware on the board makes balancing the splits easier, just hope they can work toward a pinless setup. My Sparks just won't quit, and surprisingly neither does my old Burton setup, so I haven't got around to testing others.

#8 ·
I feel the exact opposit on the heel hardware. I love when it’s mounted on the board så you don’t slam the riser again and again directly on the topsheet. And how it allows you to have two different size risers. That’s my biggest issue when byuing split bindings. But like most people with bindings in metal, they just last forever so I have no plans on byuing new ones.

Totally agree with you on the pin though, it was a pain to deal with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.