Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in Nozawa for another 3 days of boarding this week.

Day 1 brought 30cm of fresh powder.

Day 2 Another 30cm of fresh powder and it cleared up through the day.

Day 3 Clear blue skies with plenty of stashes left in the trees.

As usual took some nice photos, but not much video. The video is really just playing around on the last day as we don't like to waste any time when the powder is on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice pics.

Are you coming up this weekend to Nozawa? Snow is forecast from thursday, it will be much better then the current rain drizzle.

Woudnt mind someone that knows where to go, to show me the mountain if youre interested. Im in Nozawa till next Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to but I have some work stuff on until after the 12th.

I will let you know if I can change my schedule somehow.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to set up to be there on Monday and Tuesday next week. Will you be riding Tuesday as well?

I will probably arrive either Sunday night or Monday morning/midday.

You can see my Jacket from the pics its pretty distinctive. I don't have a mobile phone (don't like them) so when I know for sure lets set up a meeting time and place.

Anyone else want to join in the fun?

Realistically it will be mostly advanced powder and tree riding so if anyone wants to join in bare that in mind.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ill definitely be riding on monday. Im flying out tuesday night from tokyo, but if it's a powder day ill squeeze in half day riding till about midday.

Advanced powder and tree riding is right up my alley, pretty much most of my riding this season in Hakuba.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about Monday 9am at the bottom station of the Nagasaka gondola?

It opens at 840 but the crowd will be gone by 9 and I know lots of places where the powder will be untracked.

Avoid the hikage gondola IMO, its cramped and you can easily damage your board squeezing into it.

Looks like you are in luck because from Sunday the temperature is set to drop and we will have snow. That could be amazing conditions but watch out for avalanches with all the warm weather this week.

Also I don't recommend going deep into the sidecountry until we meet up.

1 its not wise by yourself and 2, people get lost in there, several search and rescues this year.

There are lots of places you can hit some trees and pow staying in sight of the groomers which is what I recommend.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Check your PM

Sounds good, in the mean time I wont be hitting anything that i dont know how to get out of. Catch you monday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish I was good enough to join your Nozawa trip... spring has sprung in Gunma and my local hill is slushy and icy. Please have more meet-ups next winter after I've had a chance to do some back country in my area :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just realized Nozawa is in Nagano... from the "anyone in japan?" thread I dunno why, I just assumed it was in Hokkaido. I have a free pass to Madarao Kogen that I want to use Saturday. Raid, even though i'm not the most experienced, powder and tree runs is what I love. If I find myself at Nozawa on Sunday, hopefully I can spot you and you can show me where the best runs are. I learn the most when I'm boarding with much more experienced riders.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The weather looks good from tonight on

I will be there Monday 9am Nagasaka Gondola at the bottom station before we go up.

Its a pretty big mountain and if we can't meet at 9 for any reason how about say 11am at the top station of the Nagasaka Gondola.

Always good to have a plan B.

How will I recognize you?

colour of jacket?

what board?

looking forward to it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The weather looks good from tonight on

I will be there Monday 9am Nagasaka Gondola at the bottom station before we go up.

Its a pretty big mountain and if we can't meet at 9 for any reason how about say 11am at the top station of the Nagasaka Gondola.

Always good to have a plan B.

How will I recognize you?

colour of jacket?

what board?

looking forward to it.
Sorry I thought I sent you a private message but its not showing up in my sent items for some reason.

I'll be at the ticket window inside the bottom Nagasaka Gondola station at 9am (probably be there earlier anyway).

Heres what ill be wearing:

Yellow Volcom jacket with, black/orange sleeves. Black Volcom pants.
Black POC helmet, Oakley Wisdom goggles, Never Summer SL board (black and green).
I'm with a beard, caucasian and 188cm tall.

Plan B sounds like a good idea. So if I dont see you by 9:15 ill be at the top Nagasaka Station at 11am.

I'm assuming you'll be wearing what is in your avatar?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be wearing the red/blue/ white A7 Jacket I always wear in my photos. We should find each other easily. I will try to be there early too and we can get the gondola up if there are no lines:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Met up smoothly with Raid for a nice day on Monday. Forgot my camera so no pics but it wouldn't have mattered as visibility was very,very poor. We mostly cruised through glades and tree runs. Oh 30cm of fresh helped a lot.

Next day I rode alone but hooked up with two boarder cross dudes I met on the lift. Visibility was much better and another 30cm of fresh was fantastic.

The boarder cross dudes were absolutely flying through the trees.

Day 3 was bluebird and I was just mellow cruising through my secret stashes many of which were totally untouched:D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts