Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season, I found myself needing a lot of toe pressure to keep a toe edge. No matter how much I bent my knees, I still had to flex with my calves. My boots are mush. Getting some driver x, or similar stiff boots, once I find what fits best.

The other issue I had was foot pain. My old bindings just plain hurt. Crank them tight enough to hold the boots, and they cut into the top of my feet. Yes the boots are done, and maybe new boots would let me run the bindings looser, but I just want new bindings too. :D

So on heel side turns, my current bindings (2010 burton prophecy) are plenty stiff. I can twist the board pretty easily as well. I don't want softer bindings, but I'm not sure if I want stiffer ones either.

I'm looking at mainly burton and union because I like how they adjust and hold up. I like the concept of reflex, so I lean burton of the two. Also do not want any alum bindings.

Riding is all in bounds, bombing groomers, steepest lift served powder I can find, trees, natural feature jumps. No park.

Currently considering:

Burton diode (too stiff?)
Burton cartel
Burton genesis (may be most comfy, but too soft?)
Burton malativa

Union charger (way too stiff?)
Union factory

I'm leaning cartel. Great price for new 2013, seems like the right stiffness and comfort...

Comments?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Wait, did you ride the cobra last year? Or is it a new board? It's not that stiff of a board. I rode 390 Bosses on mine last year. I'd lean Cartel personally.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
It's not that stiff of a board, so I wouldn't get bindings like the diode. From your list, the cartel would be a good option. I ran mine with the NOW IPO last year and loved the combo. From what you're describing though, with toe edge pressure, a stiffer highback is not going to help that. I'm thinking you need to look into your boots, whether it's a different pair or how you set them up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I rode the cobra last year. Really like it.

Yes, I'm aware that the highbacks/binding won't have much, if any, effect on toe response. Planning new boots, stiffer, and more important, not worn out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts