Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 5'7 with normal shoes. And I weight exactly 150LB. P: Would a 148 be good for me? Or a 153. I'm going to do as much as jumps as jibs, but the jumps here aren't quite big, their about the size of a casual normal mountain around an urban city.

·
Registered
163 Posts
151 for both jibbing and jumping. 153 for more stability jumping but not necessary. If you're growing go with the 153

·
Registered
163 Posts
some people will say 148 while some people will say 153. 148 for mostly jibbing (less swing weight) but less control and stability. 153 for stability and slight more weight. I'd go with 153

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, but wouldn't less swing weight be better for those spin jumps? Btw, I think I've stopped growing :p, I've been 5'7 for about a year or two now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
it's really up to you. I'm 5'8 145lbs and would rather go 153 than 148. I have a 148 horrorscope that feels a tiny bit small. I have a 151 SL which feels pretty good but I think 153 wouldn't be that bad. I've tried 155 and found it too big for park. If you don't care about crusing around get the 148.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If 151 is what you want then get it. There are plenty of online shops that still have them. If you must support your local shop then tell them to find you a 151 to buy from them or you take your cash else where. There is no reason to compromise the next few years of your riding because of some fake loyalty to supporting brick and mortor stores.

·
Registered
419 Posts
im having da same problem i dont know wat size to get da evo in im 5'7 and 165 lbs size 9 boot...i ride a 50% park...dont know if i should go with a 151 or 153
my bad for just jumping on your thread lifprasir

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am 5'10", 145-150 lbs. I have a size 10 boot. I went for the 153 without question. My other board is a 152 sierrascope and when I first got the Evo I thought it was smaller than my sierrascope. The EVO has a TINY bit smaller waist, but for some reason I can really tell.

I would def. go for the 153. 148 just seems tiny if you plan on doing anything other than just park.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im having da same problem i dont know wat size to get da evo in im 5'7 and 165 lbs size 9 boot...i ride a 50% park...dont know if i should go with a 151 or 153
my bad for just jumping on your thread lifprasir
lol it's nothing. :p I got a K2 alpine 155, so I guess, if I ever felt like going to do normal mountain hills, I could always just switch the bindings whenever I'm down for park or downhill.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Look at it this way, you can always take a bigger board to the park and still land those tricks, but you will always have a harder time landing a jump with a smaller board. The confidence level is quite different between the two, but I feel confident all around the mountain with a bigger board and stay away from the bigger jumps on a smaller board.

A 151 would have been perfect for you though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah. :X, there's still a few Never Summer up for sales in Canada E-Tailers, but their priced like at 600$~, which is crazy imo.. I'll see.

Anyone ever bought from Boardroomshop.com here? Their NS Evo sounds sketchy, all it lists is the size and quantity. I don't get to choose the colorway? o_o.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts