Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NS Proto CT, Lib Tech T Rice Pro, Yes The Greats

1748 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Csanto23
I've had a chance to ride the LTech & Yes but not the NS. Any feedback you guys & gals could provide me? I spend most of my riding at resorts. Thanks.
I've had a chance to ride the LTech & Yes but not the NS. Any feedback you guys & gals could provide me? I spend most of my riding at resorts. Thanks.
See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
The Proto and the Greats are comparable. The Rice is stiffer and much more of a charging board so it doesn't really match with the other two. But overall, all three are very good boards. Use the search function and you will find LOADS of info, especially on these exact boards.

"Riding at resorts" really doesn't say much about your riding style. Is it park, groomers, jumps? Would you rather go fast or play around? That would help us finding your board.

· Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I have Proto and T. Rice... nothing alike... stay away from the T. Rice. I have them both because they are so different. I ride the Proto (157) almost every day I'm out. I use the T. Rice (161.5) for legit powder days +12". You could say the Proto is my "resort" board. The T. Rice is just to burley and not practical for every day use, especially if you are just riding groomers all day. Go Proto, SL or YES.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like to go fast, hit small to medium jumps, try the park (beginner on boxes), intermediate level rider but not even close to being a rock star.

When I rode the T Rice Pro, if felt so confidence inspiring. The Greats felt similar to trad camber boards I've ridden in the past. A buddy told me that I'd probably like the Proto CT.

· Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I like to go fast, hit small to medium jumps, try the park (beginner on boxes), intermediate level rider but not even close to being a rock star.

When I rode the T Rice Pro, if felt so confidence inspiring. The Greats felt similar to trad camber boards I've ridden in the past. A buddy told me that I'd probably like the Proto CT.
I'm telling you bro, if you are an intermediate rider looking to progress, the T. Rice is not your friend. It is confidence inspiring, but when you get down to it, it it for a very specific rider who rides specific terrain. There are better options. The NS Heritage is still less stiff than the T. Rice. Check out the NS scale and see what that means.

· Registered
234 Posts
I'm telling you bro, if you are an intermediate rider looking to progress, the T. Rice is not your friend. It is confidence inspiring, but when you get down to it, it it for a very specific rider who rides specific terrain. There are better options. The NS Heritage is still less stiff than the T. Rice. Check out the NS scale and see what that means.
This is correct :thumbsup:

· Registered
825 Posts
I have a Yes great beauties from last year. Love it. I recently demoed the NS proto and SL, nice too, good build quality but did not like the feel of rocker between the bindings. For me, I much prefer the camrock profile. Much more stable to me and still gives you rocker at the tips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.