Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
As long as you know how to ride a snowboard, it's plenty serviceable. The Vario Grip tech that NS uses isn't as pronounced as the Magnetraction that Lib uses, but it holds up well. Everything will slip a little on solid ice though.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I've been very happy with the edge hold, but you need to clean up your edges now and again with a diamond stone to keep the grip to a high level. Like any snowboard really.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
As long as you know how to ride a snowboard, it's plenty serviceable. The Vario Grip tech that NS uses isn't as pronounced as the Magnetraction that Lib uses, but it holds up well. Everything will slip a little on solid ice though.
That. Listen to the man.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for replying, this just finalized my decision of going for the proto hd over the lib trs. Sometimes, ice is all I get.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Eh? If ice is all that you are getting at times, why did you not pick the TRS which has Magnetraction?
Just from the small little things. Sintered base, blunted nose, full metal wrap edges. I just wanted to know the proto could handle ice.

Anyway, i'm riding a proto now and loving it. Also this is my last season in Scotland so i'm looking ahead.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You should find the Proto is fine. I've honestly found that technique has a much bigger effect on edge hold that board. Just keep those edges sharp and away you go. I spent the day laying down almost arm on ground Eurocarves on my Evo. Even on some quite icy patches, the edge held really well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should find the Proto is fine. I've honestly found that technique has a much bigger effect on edge hold that board. Just keep those edges sharp and away you go. I spent the day laying down almost arm on ground Eurocarves on my Evo. Even on some quite icy patches, the edge held really well.
Yeah, i've spent I few days on it already this season and I haven't really noticed the ice underfoot so it does the job:laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts