Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ns sl, bataleon gw, ride buckwild, rome artifact... Sell it all for a proto ct/hd?

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Decade190 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys...
A real first world problem on my hands here...
I am going away to the French alps this winter and can only bring one board with me. I currently have the 4 boards in the title above...

My question is, which should I keep, or should I sell everything and get a NS Proto ct/hd (and which size?)

My current preference is the Never summer SL (2011/2012 158) but I feel it is maybe a little too long for park and also I'm starting to prefer a twin to the directional SL.

STATS:
Height: 5 foot 9,
Weight: 172-187lbs depending on lifting (currently 178lbs (81kg))
Experience: Intermediate
Riding preference: Enjoy freestyle and freeride equally but probably spend 70-80% freeride (mostly groomers) and the rest in the park.
Feet: 10US

Should I be looking at the 154 or 157?

Any help is mucho appreciated :laugh:

Edit: I'll be sticking my 2012 burton cartels on whichever board I take and northwave calibre boots

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't go wrong with the Proto. 154 or 157 is fine. Remember it is only an inch, the '54 rides more like a '58 if you are considering a deck without blunted tips or extended rail lengths. Go with your gut and don't look back.

#13 ·
You don't ride park often, you want a twin and you seem partial to Never Summer..

This is easy, sell everything you have and pick up a 57 proto.

Why are 75% of your boards geared towards park, while you only ride park 20% of the time? Is there something about them that you prefer?

#15 ·
I use the bataelon global warmer as a snowdome board for freestyle nights - here in England we don't have any hills :(

These boards have generally been collected when I've seen good deals on ebay, the only ones I have used myself are the never summer and the bataleon.
I guess the ride buckwild is more of all mountain? I acquired them all to either demo or sell but haven't yet.

Why the 157, 154 too small? I'm a little stuck about which to get.

Cheeers

#19 ·
So just weighed myself and I'm stable at about 178lbs...
I'm signing up to do a full season of snowbummbing :)yahoo:) but starts next years season (December 2014... cannnnnot wait).
That said, I think i'll be shifting towards more freestyle... my brother/mates are freestyle fanatics and i'm getting sucked in.

If I were to guess 50/50 freeride/freestyle would the 154 be more appropriate?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.