Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally thought i was going with the darkstar until i started reading about the ns sl. I am an all mountain snowboarder who wants to start getting into park and freestyle. Is the extra $100 worth it to get a NS SL? I would love to hear some of your thoughts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I finally thought i was going with the darkstar until i started reading about the ns sl. I am an all mountain snowboarder who wants to start getting into park and freestyle. Is the extra $100 worth it to get a NS SL? I would love to hear some of your thoughts
Neversummer builds their boards like tanks. Only board that I've ever had that has lasted me over 2 seasons.

I owned a darkstar before. They're nice, but a little too soft for all mountain.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you want something more responsive and forgiving in the park, I'd go Darkstar since it is more of a park board than the NS. Many seemed to think it would be difficult to set up the SL board to work really well in the park. Since you are transitioning into park, you probably want something more park focused and softer.

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
Depends on what's more important to you right now. Is learning park or your mountain performance more important. If park then get the Darkstar, if all mountain then get the SL. Something else you might like is the Signal Omni, their camrock was first and it rides really well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you want something more responsive and forgiving in the park, I'd go Darkstar since it is more of a park board than the NS. Many seemed to think it would be difficult to set up the SL board to work really well in the park. Since you are transitioning into park, you probably want something more park focused and softer.
When you say "responsive" in the park do you mean like pop?

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
Not poppier probably, just softer. Softer means easier control at a slower speed so for rails it will be nicer. For jumps that softer torsional flex means easier to initiate spins.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I currently ride a Darkstar and can say without hesitation that you can take this board anywhere. Not to take anything away from the SL, but, IMO, if you're taking the SL into the park, it would be a good jump/pipe board versus an all around park board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts