Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First impression, not quite a full review.
150lbs
Size 8 K2 Enders
Cartel EST

This is gonna be short and sweet, just like the Nug... HA

Keep your weight centered, lay it over, and it does indeed ride way longer. However, the second you get your weight outside your foot, the tips fold and there's my face, on the snow.

Overall Impression: I still think it's a novelty stick. What I want is a directional twin Nug with a stiffer tail. Boom. Sex. I do wanna ride the camber, they just didn't have any.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Would you mind giving us a pros/cons list? Like what it would be good for and bad for. The one I rode was the first one or 2011-12 and didn't get to really see what it could do.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super skate inspired park deck I guess. I really just think the tips aren't really substantial enough for anyting else. Maybe a flatter pow day? I don't know, I just wasn't that impressed. There are so many decks I'd rather ride. But I'd still rather ride a Nug than a Proto... ha.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Super skate inspired park deck I guess. I really just think the tips aren't really substantial enough for anyting else. Maybe a flatter pow day? I don't know, I just wasn't that impressed. There are so many decks I'd rather ride. But I'd still rather ride a Nug than a Proto... ha.
Haha. Touché

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've rode the 2001/2012 nug 146 the last 2 years in alaska....I am not a park rider so I can't tell you how it is in a park, but it definetly is very impressive to ride in steep and deep terrain. I was very skeptical about getting it until I demoed it and it is a sick little board that definetly handles like a big board in POW! Very easy to spin and do grabs.....burton did a good job on creating a little board that will ride like a bigger board!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts