Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Team,

I will be visiting fam in NYC for xmas and we're hoping to go up state for a couple days riding after xmas.
Can anyone recommend the best resort/mountain for snow and park at this time of the year?
Thoughts on Hunter Mountain?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Best to go to Vermont instead of Ny Catskills mountains. Hunter will be very crowded and full of drunk people oh and plus it will be icy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best to go to Vermont instead of Ny Catskills mountains. Hunter will be very crowded and full of drunk people oh and plus it will be icy.

Can you recommended any Mountains in Vermont? Since we are going for only 2 days riding we would rather not driver further than 4 hours from NYC.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hunter is the superior mountain in the NYC area. I'm not calling Vermont the NYC area.

Hunter will likely be the most crowded and has the best terrain park and general trails. K27 will keep you honest lol.

Wyndham and Belair will be less crowded. IMO Wyndham is better than Belair. The terrain is less varied than hunter and the park is a bit of a joke. Still, its got the best vibe of the 3. Lots of locals and honestly some of them can really rip. Its mostly a skiers mountain, but so is Belair.

The easiest mountain to access, and honestly your best bet for a few runs during the week is Mt. Creek in Vernon NJ. 3 High speed lifts 1 Gondola.

Its park is on par with Hunter, in fact one of the 4 peaks is all park. The general terrain is good enough, on par with the other 3 but a smaller mt by 3-500ft. Runs like Zero G or anything on Bear Peak are your classic east coast diamonds. I ride that place 2-3 times a week. Its my fix between vermont/out west trips and keeps me satiated.

Avoid it like the plague if your only option is to ride on the weekend. Its a shit show.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I will echo about staying away from Mt Creek on the weekend. Actually i would stay away period. If you do go though, dont leave your board laying around as it tends to grow legs and walk away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts