Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ODT wireless headphones in a Smith helmet. Works great in almost every way save one: in order to charge the ODTs, I have to unzip the ear/neck section all the way around from the left to the right. It'd be far preferable if the Smith helmet unzipped right to left instead.

It sounds like a minor issue except the zipper on the Smith helmet is a shitty, light-duty little item that has separated on several occasions, requiring me to re-stitch it by forcibly re-zipping it. One of these times, the zipper handle will come off and that'll be it for the helmet.

So my question is: Is anyone using ODTs with a helmet that unzips right to left, or some other solution?

NB: If you're planning on suggesting I just swap the pucks right to left, it won't work. The right puck has the microphone placed based on the assumption that it's the right puck. Put it on the left and the mike points up at my temple. There isn't enough slack in the cable to make that work.

NNB: I can't leave a power cable permanently plugged in and running around to the left side because the ODTs won't power up while there's a jack in the power receptacle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What I've done with my helmet ear pads, is poke a small hole just large enough to push the charge cable jack in to the chip. I positioned the chip so that the charge port was aligned with the hole.

This works great for me, I am able to charge the chips driving to/from the hill without removing the speakers. Saves a bit of time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm not even sure they had a cover in the first place... Either way, I leave the port open.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh, and for any Canadians looking for the Chips, looks like Atmosphere/Sport Chek have the WIRELESS Chips for 89 bucks (MSRP is 152 now I think), and the WIRED Chips for 25 bucks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh, and for any Canadians looking for the Chips, looks like Atmosphere/Sport Chek have the WIRELESS Chips for 89 bucks (MSRP is 152 now I think), and the WIRED Chips for 25 bucks.
They deliver everywhere in Canada except Quebec.................. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts