Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright everyone, it's the 1st of November, Hallowe'en is over and the season is about to kick into gear. Let's hear from everyone when they hit the hill for the first time:

Where?
When?
Conditions ( WROD / Bottomless or something in between )
% of hill open
How busy?

I can't start cause it's still green here, but I know someone out there can. Let's hear about it!

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I'll be at Lake Louise on Sunday-Tue. Will do a day at Sunshine if they're open too, haven't announced yet. We have a base but it's pretty thin so will be sticking to the groomers at least until the next storm rolls through.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did some laps at Palisades (Squaw) on opening day Friday 10/29. Spring conditions and crowded but great to be snowboarding nice snow in Oct. Foot of snow in neighborhood so did some XC touring with the dog last week just to check out BC. Too early for splitboarding for me but know guys were hitting the higher passes which were deep.
Snow Dog Plant Carnivore Tree

·
Registered
41 Posts
Autumn glacier in Tignes this WE (same slope as summer skiing, so basically <5% of the domain). It's too early for anything else in France (season usually kicks in early/mid december). Excellent groomers and I couldn't wish for anything else since lifts have been closed for almost two years… never imagined I'd miss groomers and lifts so much 😅

·
Registered
354 Posts
Autumn glacier in Tignes this WE (same slope as summer skiing, so basically <5% of the domain). It's too early for anything else in France (season usually kicks in early/mid december). Excellent groomers and I couldn't wish for anything else since lifts have been closed for almost two years… never imagined I'd miss groomers and lifts so much 😅
Have you checked the webcams? Lots of snow in Tignes yesterday, enough to go down to VC if it stays cold.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Be diligent with the rehab. Don't slack off. There is not usually too much good stuff until December anyways.
Yup doing PT two times a week from broken ankle July 2020 and 2 surgeries later last one too remove hardware.

Hoping to hit snowbasin in Dec hoping I don't have to relearn how to snowboard like I've had to relearn how to walk, run, jump, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Got out today!

Where: Lake Louise, AB
When: November 8th. Last season was Oct 24th.
Conditions: Very mixed. Firm base with an inch of softer stuff on top, snow was fast.
% open: 1 chair, 1 run (3 technically, baby park and bunny slope), 8 laps was 3500m vert.
How busy: Never more than 15-20 people in line for the chair, but felt busy enough on slope my head was always on a swivel.

Sky Sports equipment Snow Slope Tree

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Got out today!

Where: Lake Louise, AB
When: November 8th. Last season was Oct 24th.
Conditions: Very mixed. Firm base with an inch of softer stuff on top, snow was fast.
% open: 1 chair, 1 run (3 technically, baby park and bunny slope), 8 laps was 3500m vert.
How busy: Never more than 15-20 people in line for the chair, but felt busy enough on slope my head was always on a swivel.

View attachment 159693
Great shot! What board is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Great shot! What board is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, definitely looked better than it felt so I'll take it haha.

Board is my 2017 DC Supernatant, sadly an early season/rock board now but the edges are still solid and sharp 👌

1 - 20 of 82 Posts