Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I'm after a new freeride board. I've just turned 50 and need a change from the old custom X. Been boarding for over 25 years and can lay a reasonable trench. Still love to bomb and carve mainly, so speed and edge hold are the most important, especially here in Australia where we get ice all the time. Still want to be able to get amongst the powder on those rare days and hit some jumps. Park has been banned by my knees though. Something that smashes through the crud without rattling my bones too. I'm 6'3 and 82kg with an 11.5 boot. Old burton was a 159 wide custom x 2013. Generally ride backfoot about 5-8掳 forward. Did have some width issues
Been looking looking at YES PYL, Jones Flagship, Capita BSOD, GNU Banked country, Libtech Orca or Dynamo. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated 馃檪

Super Moderator
Sounds like you're describing an Amplid Surfari. It bombs and carves with the best of them, and smashes through crud without even telling you about it.
I have looked at this board. Problem was I couldn't find one anywhere
Hey man I second the Amplid Surfari. I'm 45 this week, close to the same stats as you but in a 10.5 boot and this board rips. I rode it half a dozen days this year at Falls when it dumped and it was amazing!!

Lays a trench no worries, amazing edge hold as you hit that ice under the lift areas and plows through tracked out snow later in the day, can't say enough good things about it. @buller_scott can atest to this also.......

I ride a 157 and had it shipped from Austria, wasn't cheap, cost me over $1k with a 6 week ship. Below is a link to AlpineBeach mate which has last seasons (same board) in a 157 for $780 and that's a bargain. Maybe Black Friday might see it a little cheaper but that's a steal IMO. Last one it seems also.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man I second the Amplid Surfari. I'm 45 this week, close to the same stats as you but in a 10.5 boot and this board rips. I rode it half a dozen days this year at Falls when it dumped and it was amazing!!

Lays a trench no worries, amazing edge hold as you hit that ice under the lift areas and plows through tracked out snow later in the day, can't say enough good things about it. @buller_scott can atest to this also.......

I ride a 157 and had it shipped from Austria, wasn't cheap, cost me over $1k with a 6 week ship. Below is a link to AlpineBeach mate which has last seasons (same board) in a 157 for $780 and that's a bargain. Maybe Black Friday might see it a little cheaper but that's a steal IMO. Last one it seems also.

Bit worried the 157 won't be wide enough. Thanks heaps for the link

1 - 12 of 12 Posts