Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Old O'sin Board - Anybody know?

19K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  markmcomie74 
#1 ·
I just picked up an old O'sin board from my local GoodWill. It seemed heavy and not as flexible as some of the newer boards and my friend told me not to ride it.

I'm a total newbie and have no clue as to what i'm doing but I'm trying to learn.
Does anybody know what model this board is and whether or not it would be safe to ride? I'm thinking about just selling it on ebay or back to the GoodWill if it's not safe.

Here's a photo of the base side. Top side just has words "SIN" on it.

Thanks for helping...
-Clueless in Colorado

See less See more
#2 ·
its really hard to tell from that picture if the board has any edge damage or anything...it LOOKS rideable, but it sure isnt going to make learning any easier. you can get a cheap Lamar or 5150 or Technine on craigslist for like $50..id go that route.

#4 ·
I wouldnt shoot for those brands specifically, Im just saying they can usually be found pretty cheap. Right now Craigslist is flooded with people selling old decks for cheap..If you can, try to find a nice Burton deck or something thats a few seasons old. Shouldnt be too tough.

#10 ·
Well you should join this Facebook group, http://www.facebook.com/groups/182878635154855/ & post it up there.

If it's a 94, it might be worth more to someone else, then use that money to buy a sweet board.

On top of that, check to see which Devun Walsh model it is because those (the old ones) are worth a lot to certain people as well:thumbsup:

You never know, you be getting all brand new gear shortly?
If you play your cards right, that is:dunno:

TT