Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know most of you have that one board in your collection that just refuses to stop. It's been there since you can remember, and while it's ugly, worn out, rides like a limp noodle, and has more core shots than you can count, it's still special.

I've still got my first board. It started life as a rental at a shop near my local hill growing up in WNC. It was beat up when I bought it 10 years ago. I suspect it's at least 12 years old.

Never seen the brand on another hill, pretty sure they are out of business. But this thing has proven to be absolutely bomb proof.

The edges are paper thin after so many tunings, the core is still somehow kicking, and the base is as like new as a full body 3rd degree burn victim, but I still love her.

I will never sell this board (not that it's worth anything to anyone else). And I'll still take it out now and again for rocky WROD days. I have no doubt this deck will outlive me the way it has outlasted so many other boards.

I often tried to replace this deck. I've been through 5 sets of bindings, and 4 other boards that all broke or became unrideable, yet my old Dukes keeps on rollin'. I'ts seen the coming and going of a set of Tech-Nine bindings, several Flows, the original no name POS's it came with, and some Franken-bindings I pieced together at the shop.

I first attempted to replace it with an old Burton Air, then a custom board I built that delamed (improper equipment/lack of knowledge at 18), a brand new Neversummer that broke during season 2, and a custom Monson that came apart in 1 month (don't buy from Monson, seriously, it's horrific).

I know most all of you have a board like this. As a tribute to the past, post em up!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I figured it came from a factory that pressed a few brands. I've looked for some info on these and can't really find any. The distributor for these I believe delt LTD's early Lamars ( Lamar... I know), and other more generic brands. No idea why this thing has been such a tank given it's pedigree.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Are those a pair of Flow bindings from the early 2000's? I think I have the same pair sitting in my closet somewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are those a pair of Flow bindings from the early 2000's? I think I have the same pair sitting in my closet somewhere.
I think they were from around 05/06. They were called "Pro Series" and the first sets highback busted FIRST run. Had to take em back for a replacement, then they lasted pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts