Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else collect old/vintage snowboards? I want to start so I just picked up this Haakon Air today to kick off the collection.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't collect...if anything, I try to get rid of extra snowboards (in fact, I'm still riding the same board I got in 2008...although, this rocky season has pretty much killed it).

The Haakon board is interesting. It's obviously a Burton...guessing it's Terje's first sig model (?) Cool shape and quite a bit of setback. What year is it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Terje's first pro board..burton '94. I wonder how it would ride, it is quite a bit stiffer than I thought it would be. Its pretty cool, no techy stuff back then, no sidewalls or cap construction. Looking at it from the side you see the core, the top and bottom fiberglass all just sandwiched together. There are a couple other boards that I want to keep my eyes out for..mainly looking for rare boards or iconic ones of the 80's and 90's.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.
Haha, I've been trying to figure out how I missed this post?:eyetwitch:

That was the first year in about 6 years that I had a seasons pass, & it went insano 1408 cm - over 45 feet! (mid mtn):eyetwitch:

They had to dig out spots under the chairlift because it was hitting the snow.:hairy:

So I was either ridin' or sleepin', cause that's all I did.:jumping1:

TT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unknown Vintage Craig Kelly

My mom bought this old snowboard from a garage sale down the street. I know its a vintage Craig Kelly, however it has been beaten and painted over with friggin flowers and shit. The one thing that makes me think this board is worth asking about is it has multiple signatures on the base of the board. And writing on the top sheet that says "award 93'" Please check out the photos and help me figure out if these signatures are significant or not!

Attachments

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Now that Haakon Air is something i would be interesting in finding as well...! Primarily because i ride in Oslo a lot, and he rides there regularly it would be cool to get him on it now and see what he can make it do... Hehe

·
Registered
425 Posts
There are a couple other boards that I want to keep my eyes out for..mainly looking for rare boards or iconic ones of the 80's and 90's
You and a lot of others who got into riding during that Era who now have the disposable income to get the boards they never could back then, or the boards they once rode that brought them so much joy.

Myself, I'm looking for an old GNU Antigravity of a specific length / color scheme!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts