Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Rome graft rocker for about 3 years and now a piece fell out of the bottom. matched with this is 2013 Rome 390 boss bindings. the bindings will obviously go on the new board. i loved my board except it had three problems.One is when cornering hard or stopping hard the board would slide instead of stopping or gripping. Second problem I felt it would slide and move around at high speeds and then also it would not pick up speed quickly. I would start off about a minute before a buddy. Pointing it the whole time and trying to go as fast as possible sooner or later he would pass me. Leaving me very mad and frustrated as i just waxed the board that morning or last night. The board other then that was fantastic and very playful and had a lot of pop.

I've been riding for about 3 years and would say i'm intermediate. i mostly like doing natural stuff with a bit of park and i have began to hit rails. I'm about 5"10" 155 lbs.

I'm looking for a new board to replace it, that has better stability at high speeds and the ability to go a lot faster with the same pop and control. I have no clue where to start or which boards to look at. I was thinking about the attack banana but don't really know which board would be best. so please any suggestions and help for any of my problems.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,436 Posts
Not sure cos park n rail is not my thing but isn't stability and high speed riding (i.e. more the field of stiffer camber oriented boards), and being good for rails a bit of a unsolvable contrary...?

A board very stable and picking up speed easily is e.g. the Burton Custom X. Others need to comment on it's suitability for park, I have no clue about that; but for carving and bombing this one is phantastic.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Try the gnu park pickle. Has pop and is very fast
Yup. Center reverse and magne. That'll do it...

Look at some things with these new fangled cambers or camrock. Yes Jackpot, Rossi Retox, or Salomon Villain are what I'd look at.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Would the libtech attack banana or skate banana be a bad choice?
I have a Skate Banana and it was a really nice board for playing around buttering and in the park, but at high speeds it had alot of chatter and didn't feel very stable (espcially on the ice coast). From what I'm reading, you are looking for a board with good "damper" I would say 4-5 on a scale of 10. Camber rocker Camber has good pop but there are all kinds of badass boards out now. Focus on the dampness of a board and it be all-mountain/freestyle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so should i stick with a rome board again my last was a graft 153. when i look for freestyle i find a lot of rome stuff. you think they would be my best bet?

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
What's happening... I gave you 3 good non-Rome suggestions... How does that make you think we're saying just get another Rome?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
so should i stick with a rome board again my last was a graft 153. when i look for freestyle i find a lot of rome stuff. you think they would be my best bet?
Your 5'10"? Seeing as you want more edge hold and stability I'd go for 155. Rome, Forum, Burton, Never Summer, Arbor, Lib Tech, etc. They all make awesome boards. Read about all they're boards. Find one you feel connected to and rock it. Damper and all-mountain freestyle specific.

I personally love Never Summer. But that's doesnt mean its the only board I would enjoy riding. It's just a personal preference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's happening... I gave you 3 good non-Rome suggestions... How does that make you think we're saying just get another Rome?
i know i am looking at all of them sorry i wasnt really listening im on the search now and am getting a list of ones i like and would work for more oppinions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i found the nitro t1.5 and sounds like its a good board anyone have any other suggestions for me to look at? also if anyone backs the nitro t1.5 or hates it voice your oppinions?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i found the nitro t1.5 and sounds like its a good board anyone have any other suggestions for me to look at? also if anyone backs the nitro t1.5 or hates it voice your oppinions?
Might need to start a thread about it. Many people like and ride nitro. I'm not familiar with it.

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
I always suggest Bataleon to people just starting to ride park. Not everyone loves them, but they're full camber and have great pop, plus the TBT WILL save your ass at least a few times while you're learning rails and jumps. Since you still want to do high speed runs, I'd suggest the evil twin or global warmer as top choices, funkink if you want more flex to so some butters, or the riot for stiffer and bigger jumps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts