Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fashion recs for a one piece under suit, like bib overalls or something? Whenever I bend over to buckle my bindings or slide in a fall, my ass gets cold or wet....

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts

just snagged these on sale recently, dope bib.

Volcom Rain Gore-Tex Bib

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,443 Posts
Any fashion recs for a one piece under suit, like bib overalls or something? Whenever I bend over to buckle my bindings or slide in a fall, my ass gets cold or wet....
So,.. You want to go with either a onesy type thermal base layer or something like a bib for outer wear? I can't think of any particular outerwear options offhand, but I have heard a lot of people here rave about the "Airblaster Ninja Suit"

Not that you care to pay any heed to the "Fashion Cool" police, but I do believe the whole matching one piece outerwear thing is somewhat,.. passé? ;) lol! (…although I think women can still pull that look off much better than the guys can!) :eyetwitch2: :laugh:

Btw,.. I had a similar issue with regular old SB pants and belts. I solved it by using Carhart Button Suspenders and fitting suspender buttons on all my pants!

No more belt scooping up and depositing melting snow down my ass after I fall. No more "plumber's" crack when I bend over to strap in either! :lol: Just a thought. (It's a much cheaper option too!)

-edit-
…oh, and unlike clip-on type suspenders? These don't shred your gear!

:hairy:

·
Registered
191 Posts
As others have said, a ninja suit or similar union suit as a base layer is good.

Have no experience with Volcom's ziptech, but it sounds like a great alternative to a one piece. If I'm not mistaken, the powderskirt zips to the pants. Really though, I thought most snowboard jackets have powerskirts, and just clipping it to my pants always worked for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Onesie connosour here. If you are talking about an outer shell and not base layer the current non-goretex (i.e. Non-$$$) gold standard is the Airblaster Freedom suit, followed closely by the Adidas Firebird. They're like cargo shorts, too damn functional to worry about "steez" (and I'd Actually argue you probably get some irony points). I wear these over work clothes for a few runs in the mornings before work when I can, it's just so simple....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Onesie connosour here. If you are talking about an outer shell and not base layer the current non-goretex (i.e. Non-$$$) gold standard is the Airblaster Freedom suit, followed closely by the Adidas Firebird. They're like cargo shorts, too damn functional to worry about "steez" (and I'd Actually argue you probably get some irony points). I wear these over work clothes for a few runs in the mornings before work when I can, it's just so simple....
THIS IS WHAT I'M ABOUT.

thanks for the info. tops.:hairy:

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Isn't there a rule about having to post a picture of yourself in your one piece? If not, there should be :)
Oh yeah, it's a rule, it's way bafck there, but it's there.

You just need to tuck you clothes in better.

I layer mine. Under shirt gets tucked into under pants, then the other shirt goes over those pants but under the outer ones.

TT

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
My oakley goretex outerware is sweet. Firstly the pants with a zip off bib which is stretchy and tighter fitting than an all goretex bib. The all goretex bib is no where near as comfy.
With a bib alone you will never get snow in your pants again.

Then the jacket has a zip off powder skirt which zips into the pants as well but I only do that on super cold days, I like a bit of air flow usually.

IMO a full on onesy is too static, you can't regulate your temp to suit conditions, and then there's the whole saggy pants thing too lolz, lookin like mario bros.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Whenever I bend over to buckle my bindings or slide in a fall, my ass gets cold or wet....
A) Never intentionally sit in the snow. B) Welcome to snowboarding. A frozen chad valley is part of the experience so if you don't have an iceberg between your cheeks then you're not trying hard enough.

Of course I can see that a onesie makes sense, just like gay sex which is apparently all the rage these days.
uploadfromtaptalk1435397303432.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts